Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo / 997 Turbo - Preferences

T8

Super Moderator
JohnnyDangerous said:
......... Even if the 996 is better.

You mean .......... apart from the headlights and side air intakes. :grin:

No you see my headlights are more oblong than a 997, pretty soon you will see 997 owners trying to replicate them :floor: and the side vents are scientifically designed to aid the jump to hyperspace :thumbs: and deflect vomit from the intercoolers :grin: :grin: :dont know:

22k miles and it being a Turbo 'S' explain that asking price but it would take a brave investor to pay that money for a Tiptronic with special order 'vomit orange' interior.

T8 said:
22k miles and PCCB explain that asking price but it would take a brave investor to pay that money for a Tiptronic with special order 'vomit orange' interior.

Thanks, I was desperately trying to discover the colour code!

JohnnyDangerous said:
No you see my headlights are more oblong than a 997, pretty soon you will see 997 owners trying to replicate them :floor: and the side vents are scientifically designed to aid the jump to hyperspace :thumbs: and deflect vomit from the intercoolers :grin: :grin: :dont know:

:lol:

Interesting comparison Terry. :thumb:

(Will this post last till this afternoon and beyond I wonder............. :chin: :wink: )

Boba fett said:
The word uglier missed was quite important.

Yup, apart from faster, better, more enjoyable to drive, better chassis dynamics, nicer interior, more economical, efficient and all round easier to live with. Oh and saving the company. Compared to the air-cooled dinosaurs, what have the 996 series ever done for us.........? :floor:

Wasn't it the 944 and the Boxster that kept the wheels turning in the 80's and 90's rather than any of the 911 variants? :dont know:

kas750 said:
Wasn't it the 944 and the Boxster that kept the wheels turning in the 80's and 90's rather than any of the 911 variants? :dont know:

In the 80's life good all round. In the 90's it was very bad indeed. The front engines ended up making very little by the end, followed closely by the 911. The 90's were grim. While many see Wendelin as a villain, he did hood back VW for nearly 20 years.......you can access the accounts online and it makes for very grim reading between 1990 and 1999 :nooo:

New996buyer said:
kas750 said:

In the 80's life good all round. In the 90's it was very bad indeed. The front engines ended up making very little by the end, followed closely by the 911. The 90's were grim. While many see Wendelin as a villain, he did hood back VW for nearly 20 years.......you can access the accounts online and it makes for very grim reading between 1990 and 1999 :nooo:

Thanks for clearing that up.I think I read somewhere else that you had studied this at some stage?

What a fascinating company Porsche is.

kas750 said:
Thanks for clearing that up.I think I read somewhere else that you had studied this at some stage?

What a fascinating company Porsche is.

Yes I did and still do :oops: :coat:

When the cash from the Boxster comes in is FY 97/98 and changes everything. Fascinating company in so many ways..... :thumb:

New996buyer said:
Boba fett said:
The word uglier missed was quite important.

Yup, apart from faster, better, more enjoyable to drive, better chassis dynamics, nicer interior, more economical, efficient and all round easier to live with. Oh and saving the company. Compared to the air-cooled dinosaurs, what have the 996 series ever done for us.........? :floor:

Did I say it was prettier ?

Boba fett said:

Possibly. But I happily concede that to many they most certainly are. :grin: :thumb:

EDIT - ps I love the colour and condition of your M3 convertible :cloud9:

New996buyer said:
Boba fett said:

Possibly. But I happily concede that to many they most certainly are. :grin: :thumb:

EDIT - ps I love the colour and condition of your M3 convertible :cloud9:

Thanks for the kind comment you usually find that Porsche owners have an interest in M3's

It's my favourite colour combo, when one came along I had to have!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back