Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Wing mirror woes.

mkoenigsheim

Monza
Guys - my issue get worse and more confusing..

my passenger side rearview mirror - it will move left ans right but not up or down.

today I had it in a long tunnel and the mirrors dimmed - driver side and internal rearview - the passenger side is also not dimming.

2 issues like this make me think electrical?

is there a fuse for just these items - I doubt it.

I had the mirror off a week ago and saw nothing wrong with it?

any ideas?

Sounds like you are drawing sensible conclusions. It does sound like a loose connection that is common to both circuits. Have you tried to find electrical drawings online to help diagnose? Renntech and pelican parts are often a good source of in-depth technical info.

Master_Betty said:
Sounds like you are drawing sensible conclusions. It does sound like a loose connection that is common to both circuits. Have you tried to find electrical drawings online to help diagnose? Renntech and pelican parts are often a good source of in-depth technical info.

thanks for the reassurance!

i just double checked by swapping the components onto the other side - both work perfectly....

anybody know if the cables going into the Wing mirrors are just part of the loom or are they connected into the car somewhere?

this is my last hope to try a connector inside the car before i have to go to the dealer.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back