Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Body Shop / Painting in Shropshire / Cheshire

Jamesyg

Hockenheim
Evening all,

Looking for a quality bodyshop to respray the front bumper on my 996TT.

Rather then taking a chance, I was looking for a recommendation in the North Shropshire / Cheshire area?

Thanks,

James

:thumb:

Is it just the bumper? If you have chips on bonnet you might consider a bumper bonnet respray blend into wings for the best result. If you go for only bumper as in prep to sell, it may look newly sprayed versus the rest.

I'd start with Porsche-approved body shop via Ian at OPC Chester who will quote through Road Race, then a prestige bodyshop such as Lloyds Autobodies at Manchester Airport and finally a local bodyshop and compare quotes to decide who you want to put your faith in.

A front end bumper/bonnet/blend into wings at a local bodyshop will be around £1200-£1500 inc VAT. The porsche-approved and prestige shops will be more, but how much more will be based on looking at the car and its overall condition of the rest of the paintwork.

cheshire911 said:
Is it just the bumper? If you have chips on bonnet you might consider a bumper bonnet respray blend into wings for the best result. If you go for only bumper as in prep to sell, it may look newly sprayed versus the rest.

I'd start with Porsche-approved body shop via Ian at OPC Chester who will quote through Road Race, then a prestige bodyshop such as Lloyds Autobodies at Manchester Airport and finally a local bodyshop and compare quotes to decide who you want to put your faith in.

A front end bumper/bonnet/blend into wings at a local bodyshop will be around £1200-£1500 inc VAT. The porsche-approved and prestige shops will be more, but how much more will be based on looking at the car and its overall condition of the rest of the paintwork.

Thanks Chesire.

It is really just the bumper that needs doing - the bonnet is actually very good. I do agree that getting a good match on isolated panels is always very difficult - will just have to weigh that up vs. cost.

Have no itention of selling, this is purely for my own benefit. :thumb:

You're welcome. Good idea to have it done for your enjoyment.
Tricky call though about matching up against other panels.

I've decided to go for full front respray - bonnet, bumper, aero splitter and blend into wings. I found prices quoted by OPC Chester (via Road and Race) and Lloyds very reasonable versus other local body shops.

You could ask Chester to give you a quote for front bumper only.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back