Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 turbo Prices!?!

New997buyer

I'd like to borrow from KAS750 when he was one of us 996 turbo owners and suggest a pact with fellow current owners.

And that is no more '996 turbo price talk'?

Even further. The reward for any '996 turbo price talk' is the 'Paddle of Rebuke':

e860486ecc8e3d9e0ce4b8b0c4189c43_zpsfe59c863.jpg

Deal...?

I bought mine to use, enjoy and mostly, :driving: Sure I worried for a while, (I'd never owned a car that's appreciated before....I panicked! So in the words of Thom Yorke 'For a minute there, I lost myself' :oops: But now I've remembered why I bought a supercar you can use everyday. To, we, use, ahem, everyday.

So it's at 68,800 as of last night. Which is 25k more than was on the odometer last May when I swapped my 90k miler C2 for it. That makes 82k driven in 5 and a bit years. Wonder how quick I can get that to 100k* :grin:

Therefore IMHO if you want an investment look at gold, London commercial property (or outside London residential), shares in Sub Saharan African high tech manufacturing start ups or old people homes. All are pretty good bets**.

Porsche's post 1978 ought not to be investments. They are the usable enthusiasts 'classic' of choice IMHO :thumb:

EDIT:

*which is probably about a quarter of what Infrasilver has driven in the same but it's not a competition.....

**Or not. Clearly I'm nuts and have no clue :lol:

Good call, sir!

Can we just concentrate on the possible fourpence appreciation that we C4S owners might expect to enjoy?! :D

I agree a change in topics would be very refreshing. IMS issues have not been discussed for a while? :D

I agree.......but have you seen the prices of them lately? :floor:

plynchy said:

Been watching the Cat D one on eBay auction.

@ £15k now, he'd take an offer close to £20 he said :thumb:

As I'm not a 996T owner anymore I'm not included in this pact so .......

It does seem that the soaring of asking prices seems to have slowed somewhat of late with most cars now sitting in the £27k-£40k bracket.

2.5 years ago these same cars were £19k-£27k so a lot of owners will have had zero depreciation or possibly even some appreciation in that time. :thumb:

Regarding the C4S - again prices seem to have reached a plateau. When I was looking for my first 996 six years ago asking prices for 2002/03 cars were very similar to what they are now but the cars were 6 years newer.

HSC911 said:
plynchy said:

Been watching the Cat D one on eBay auction.

@ £15k now, he'd take an offer close to £20 he said :thumb:

If it is the same one I am watching it is actually a CAT C! Could be a bargain for the brave I guess... Certainly looks nice in the pics. Fairly sure DMS are in Southampton, I guess to the northern folk it is south of Watford Gap so must be somewhere in London LOL

Never mind the paddle of rebuke. My 'investment' (no it was not bought as such) is dishing out its own punishment in the form of an escalating first service bill...

(I'm thinking of having "buy in haste, repent at leisure" themed tattoo, t-shirt and wallet sticker.)

I can't wait to get it back though, because I've thoroughly missed it and - although the thought did cross my mind - would not be without it and don't really know what I could replace it with that would tick as many of the boxes; pace, practicality, pedigree, utility.

Without causing too much offence - some 996 Turbo owners seem to be rapidly changing into the 993 brigade :grin:

New996buyer said:
So it's at 68,800 as of last night. Which is 25k more than was on the odometer last May when I swapped my 90k miler C2 for it. That makes 82k driven in 5 and a bit years. Wonder how quick I can get that to 100k* :grin:

I thought i was using my 996T properly. What are you doing....living in Cornwall and shopping in Glasgow? Kudos to you for all that mileage! :thumb: Beating me. I MUST try harder :grin:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back