Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Men-o-porsche has started

adiestone68

Hi 911uk.com!

So the menoporsche has got me.. well I justify my insanity by convincing myself that if I am driving to the Alps to go skiing in future then I really need a huge great 4x4 with a V8 under the bonnet.. so a Cayenne GTS is perfectly justifiable!

And so I went and bought one.. not that I have coveted them for the past 10 years really. :)

So I now own a very nice low mileage GTS Design Edition 3 in black and am extremely happy and even look forward to commuting up the M3 every day especially when I get the opportunity to press the Sporty Sport button....!!

But I do have one question... Seriously I bought it for Alp Trekking in the winter, but I can't find 21" N approved tyres anywhere?? Does anyone know if they exist?

I will carry on searching the forums but haven't turned up an answer yet.

Thanks guys!

Your engine might be at the wrong end but :welcome: anyway.

Looking forward to seeing pics of your P&J.

Welcome , sounds like a cracking car lets see some pics of it :thumbs:

Thanks for the welcome both.
Sorry about the engine mishap, I will try to do better next time :)

I have not polished it to within an inch of its life yet.. but as soon as I do I will take some snaps!

Hi,

Why would you want 21 inch tyres for the winter? Buy a smaller set of wheels and tyres much better for rain, snow and ice. If you bought your Porsche from OPC and buy winter set-ups from them they will store you summer kit for free and change them when you need to.

Cheers,
Paul

Thanks Paul284pt.. really because I am being thick and hadn't considered a second set of wheels, just a second set of tyres for the existing wheels. But probably would make sense to swap the whole set up over.

Thanks for the link Waz seems like a down size wheel for winter is the way to go.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
911tt1
Back