Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Volume dial issue on original headunit

gerlewis

Monza
When I spin the knob the volume just quickly goes from '6' to '7' and back again over and over again, so I cannot make the sound any louder!

This has only just started happening - is there a fix or is it time for a replacement headunit?

Ger

I do some light servicing on hifi equipment and get this issue a lot with Sony minidisc players. I usually cure it by pulling the knob off the front and spraying some servisol switch cleaner into where the potentiometer is behind it, then giving the shaft a few twirls. That usually cures it but I can't guarantee it will do the same here. Worth a try though. Also works with crackling volume controls on hifi amplifiers.

Available at any Maplin. The video head cleaner will also work (I'd have thought) and comes in more useful for cleaning MAF sensors and other stuff on the car.

Thanks Alex,
I will give it a go! And report back...

Update:

It just started working again of its own accord, so I am leaving it for now.
Weird.

:thumb:

Might just have been some midge poo or something stuck on the contact.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Camarocane
Back