Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

What exhaust do you have on your 997.2 GT3

CB

Monza
I am contemplating an exhaust for my GT3. Any recommendations, pics or video clips?

I have stock. That is problematic enough for track day noise regs - anything shoutier is just buying yourself trauma if you plan to use it properly :paperbag:

Didn't realise that mate.

Am I gonna have a problem with noise with standard system?

I got the stock system on and never had a problem on track days.

No need to replace. Just a waste of money. Tons of other stuff you can do on the GT3.

An x pipe sounds epic for s relatively small outlay. Just depends on your objective.

Tell me more about the X-pipe and what else I can do to the GT3??

:thumb:

mm450exc said:
I got the stock system on and never had a problem on track days.

A stock 997.2 GT3 (without other measures such as short shifting or corking the bypass vacuum actuator) cannot play at Donington, Zandvoort, Zolder and many others unless at a rare (and more expensive) unsilenced day. Dony used to be okay, but the noise regime changed the other year (despite cars being drowned out by aircraft overflights from East Midlands Airport).

I can highly recommend an Akrapovic Titanium system. Not only sounds great but 17.5kg removed from behind the rear axle. They do a very loud system which removes the cats but the one I have has 100cell cats so conforms to MOT requirements.

Top of page 3 of this thread is a video where it can be heard:
http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=98519&start=40

I have akrapovic sports cup. 100db driveby measured at spa
No sound like it but you pay for it £££

I've got a Hayward & Scott xpipe cost £400 ish and sounds fantastic

I get on at 105db track days but then do get shouted at during the day that the cars too loud

I've had the Decebel Devils made to fit so when I actually use them in future the TD noise police should be happy

Here's a not so great vid of my car with xpipe

Marcyt21 said:
I have akrapovic sports cup. 100db driveby measured at spa
No sound like it but you pay for it £££

How much mate? Link?

freddie44 said:
I've got a Hayward & Scott xpipe cost £400 ish and sounds fantastic

I get on at 105db track days but then do get shouted at during the day that the cars too loud

I've had the Decebel Devils made to fit so when I actually use them in future the TD noise police should be happy

Here's a not so great vid of my car with xpipe

What is an a X-pipe ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back