Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

appraisal wanted...

diddy_p

Hi all,
How much would a 1979 targa Sc, 3.0 with 170k miles be worth if in good mechanical condition but slightly tired body wise and interior wise? Also how much would one of these in mint condition (same miles) be worth?

Thanks

Difficult to value as most of the rust issues are hidden from view :what:

Looking at bottom £15k up to £30k+ for a really decent one with an engine and gearbox rebuild when you're talking your mileage.

:hand: Be advised you can easily put £20k into sorting one of these which can be in excess of market value for the finished product.

Mid '70s Targas in quirky colours are attracting interest :thumb:

Zingari said:
Difficult to value as most of the rust issues are hidden from view :what:

Looking at bottom £15k up to £30k+ for a really decent one with an engine and gearbox rebuild when you're talking your mileage.

:hand: Be advised you can easily put £20k into sorting one of these which can be in excess of market value for the finished product.

Mid '70s Targas in quirky colours are attracting interest :thumb:

+1 once you start on a project you always find more.

I have on all the cars I started.

thanks for the input guys, I may be able to get one for around 10k... will keep you posted!

Good luck with the £10k targa. Bodywork most likely going to need a lot of attention, very rare to find even a good one that doesn't need sills, wings, kidneys and possibly a lot more to boot. I saw a G50 which started its sale price at £27k last year but I stopped watching price drop when it hit £16k. When I viewed it (at £20k), it had needed serious underside welding just to pass the MOT. There was rust everywhere. Add in possible engine, clutch and gearbox issues, plus interiors are expensive to put right, and the chaps are spot on - you will soon find you have spent £20k to make it right. To read the full horrors of what I found in my search last year (viewed almost every sub-£20k SC and 3.2 for sale I think!), head over to Impact Bumpers and look for the thread "Wanted - SC or 3.2" in the Wanted section.

Hope it comes good for you!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back