Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

poor radio reception

moss

Hockenheim
i get very poor reception on 2004 cayenne s , I've had the rear spoiler off today to have a look, can't see anything obvious, any pointers to improving it ?

I have to say mine is very good, unlike the 911 which is shite
Have you checked the fuses :?:

Waz said:
I have to say mine is very good, unlike the 911 which is shite
Have you checked the fuses :?:

fuses, no i haven't, good call i will hoik them out

Have fun with the three fuse boxes on these babies and don't forget there are some near the battery :nooo:

Waz said:
Have fun with the three fuse boxes on these babies and don't forget there are some near the battery :nooo:

:eek: 3 !!!

oh lordy can you advise on the locations, and if possible the locations of the fuses for the amplifiers for the aerial ?

A bit of digging later, it seams corrosion of the connectors from the signal boosters is a problem :thumb:
Also if you have an after market radio this

When using a REPLACEMENT Kenwood-9980HD Radio for the Cayenne's factory unit with mapping the Music Tuner's Signal Went to Crap and would NOT clean-up after checking Everything in the chain!

For those interested you WILL NEED THIS...

G95564730100, ANTENNA BOOSTER "HF", $103.75 from Auto-Atlanta.

This is a DIFFERENT AM/FM Antenna Booster from the one factory installed that actually has an "HF" designation at the port where you plug the antenna cable going back to the Radio Display.

Unfortunately, nobody here (or on 6-Speedonline) was able to assist for a number of weeks. I found this a little discouraging given the level of experience present in these two forums.

I decided to rolled the dice and came-up Box Cars! As soon as this new "HF" amp was installed in the right-hand corner of the Spoiler the Tuner in the new Kenwood came to life with great selection, clear music and all of the Data-String of Artist, Song, Etc. showing up on the display.

MAGIC :)

i have std set up with sat nav, so no after market unit for me, will take a look at the connectors tomorrow :) and clean up and report back

thankyou Waz :thumb: :thumb: :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back