Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Selling my car at Hendon Way Motors

moe666

Hi Guys
I am selling my C4 Cab and have advertised it on various sites including this one.
I have had a call today from Mike at HendonWay Motors who tells me he can find a buyer for my car and get me near to the price I am asking he wants me to take the car to the showrooms and leave it with him for a few days.
I am to say the least very sceptical about leaving my pride and joy with a complete stranger, is this normal practice or am I being paranoid.
I have checked the number he rang me from and the email address and they are genuine he assures me he will provide proof of Insurance whilst in his care
Has anybody on here done this sort of thing before.
:?:

Have a search for that seller, should put you off the idea quite quickly!

I HAVE BEEN TOLD BY A VERY VERY REPITBULE PERSON IN THE TRADE TO SAY AWAY OF HWM

Dont do it, your car will sell on its own mertits

I spoke to Mike a few months back and from what I can see, its is legitimate business - but they won't give you any cash or guarantees etc.

I ended up selling mine to Cameron Sports Cars - Ian is a nice chap there.

Alternatively, I'd much quicker trust Portiacraft or Dove House Cars - if you want to sell at a higher price and give them some commission?

Some of the reports from HWM do not do any favours - and even other car dealers have said the same.... (whilst being polite about others)...

:popcorn:

Surprised it hasn't sold yet - maybe priced a couple of grand too high as a private sale + it's a C4, not a C2?

Looks lovely.

:hand: DONT DO IT

HWM have a habit of scouring the classified ads and informing you they have a buyer ready and waiting for your car. It's complete bollox and they keep you dangling once you've left it with them with another buyer who's really interested.

There is a thread on Rennlist where a chap left his 964 with them after receiving a similar call. It was there for months after repeated promises there was another buyer just about to complete - but never did. In the end the process wore him down and he sold it through them at a reduced cost to him but not to them.

The thing that bothers me is how they don't advertise the price of the cars.
It's always POA. why not tell the punters how much the car is gong to cost?

I also noted, when I went there once, that a lot of the cars on their websites were not in the showroom or on site.

I think the excuse was that they were in for service.

Zingari said:
:hand: DONT DO IT

HWM have a habit of scouring the classified ads and informing you they have a buyer ready and waiting for your car. It's complete bollox and they keep you dangling once you've left it with them with another buyer who's really interested.

There is a thread on Rennlist where a chap left his 964 with them after receiving a similar call. It was there for months after repeated promises there was another buyer just about to complete - but never did. In the end the process wore him down and he sold it through them at a reduced cost to him but not to them.

Gotta link to this lovely take !

otherwise for those who receive that kind of call..

run-away_monty-python.png

:chin: hmmmmmmmm where have I heard this before...........oh yeah.......

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=55789

HWM headed by Mr Posner operate a Sale or Return scheme. Have a great pitch. Great stock.

And that, ahem, allegedly, is where it ends.

The stock's actually quite good. The buyer / seller experience less so, ahem, allegedly.

As others have said you have far better options :thumb:

If you search the forum you'll see a post from bbc watchdog asking for experiences from members of HWM

Thank fully for members here this thread won't be deleted by moderators
On piston heads it would be
But basically he has no customer it's a well rehearsed patter to get sale or return stock

I visited HWM to view their stock of 993s before I found my one privately.
I agreed a time first thing in the morning to meet the bloke and when I got there he didn't show up, his colleague didn't know I was visiting, they didn't have the stock in they said they did, then they wouldn't let me test drive what they did have - A COMPLETE WASTE OF TIME.

if that is the user experience potential buyers could get when enquiring about your car then i'd think again.....:)

Don't do it buddy.
Your car will sell and if your asking price is reasonable then it will sell a lot
Quicker than if it was at HWM.

mark pearce said:
If you search the forum you'll see a post from bbc watchdog asking for experiences from members of HWM

Thank fully for members here this thread won't be deleted by moderators
On piston heads it would be
But basically he has no customer it's a well rehearsed patter to get sale or return stock

Er......no need to search that far......... :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBSEA
Back