Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Classic, agreed value, limited mileage insurance for 993

adamw

Hi guys
Renewal time again..

Currently with classic line who I have been for a few years now but always tend to do a little ringing around, just to make sure I get the best deal possible.

Who else to try:

*Bridle
*Mannings
*Just noticed aib advertising on here (http://www.aib-insurance.co.uk)
*Also will be trying locktonuk as have a friend who's a director here http://www.uk.lockton.com/locktonuk/Quote/ClassicCarCover.aspx

Anyone else I should try that are competitive at the moment ?

Cheers
:thumbs:

49 views and no suggestions guys :dont know:
Did I say something wrong? :hand:

I am with Classicline and they gave me free cover for Millbrook earlier in the year. No complaints and reasonable price.

I have been with RH for the last few years.

Fair quote very helpful time will tell if I have to claim then we all fine out how good they are.

Thanks guys

I'll add RH to the quote list ..

Anymore for anymore :thumb:

Insurance

Hi I am with classicline. I renewed in middle of May with them but got an updated valuation. For 5000miles per annum,fixed value of £36000 for a 94 Carrera 2 I am paying £308.

Lockton are with the Porsche Club GB Insurance.

Also Footman James does Insurance as well.

You need to get an independent valuation for the car as well - the Porsche GB club provides it, as its a voluntary service it takes a bit of time 6 weeks. Also see if a dealer will do it for you for free.

+1 for Lockton who insure my 964 with agreed valuation. My local indy provided the valuation FOC and Lockton were happy to accept this.

I renewed with classic line. I did spend time investigating options as they put their renewal quote up.

However I could not really get anywhere near there quote anyway. The other "promoted" / affiliated brokers where a joke in my case, Tesco gave more competative quotes :floor:

Classic line explained the underwriter they used last year misquoted hence I got it very cheap. They made a business decision to honor their quote and the best deal with them this year was with another underwriter. I actually believe them as I have a fair knowledge of how the Insurance market works.

My premium partly increased due to me raising the insured value to over £50k on Zingaris advise :grin:
I declined to go with an agreed value however as my view in a rising value market for these cars is that will actually limit your claim in the event of a total loss. I accept that would likely mean more hassle on my part justifying a true value claim but I have plenty of friends with their own Insurance companies who can advise me in that process to make sure I get true value, plus I have Zingari who can act as an expert witness should the need arise :thumb:

So my advice is be careful with agreed valuation based on the advice I got from friends in the know ;-) It would be a limiting factor not a help in a rising market and if you change it mid year it would likely lead to a premium increase. I have no need to do that as I have simply been honest with my view that the car is now worth more than £50k (that affectst he premium risk) with an estimate of more. The prevailing market at the time would dictate what that was not a valuation based on the value a the start of the year :wink: If you just want an easy life in the event of a total loss then do an agreed valuation.

Again thanks all :thumb:
I'll start ringing around tomorrow but classic line have quoted £479 for 5k pa and guaranteed value of £33.5k, which has gone up since last year.

I'll be adjusting value at renewal accordingly as believe its increased since last year (especially with all the work carried out this year)

Jon - I hear what to saying about guaranteed value and it's worth but for me feel id like to do this just for peace of mind really

I'll post back with some figures just for anyone else in a similar boat (993) :grin:

Ok
After trying all of the above the only one that comes close is "aib" who offered a high net worth policy through "hiscox"

Price was similar but they quoted some nice benefits:

Pros
-auto agreed\guarenteered value with no need to send proof
-can use whoever you like as a repairer in the event of an accident
-like for like courtesy car available
-UK and euro Breakdown
-legal cover
-6k per year mileage
-open driving... anyone can drive my car comp without being named (over the age of 30)..I can drive comp on anyone else's car.

Cons
-£500 xs (but this can be waivered if you don't take the courtesy car in the event of a claim)

Any experience of Hiscox, good bad or indifferent ??

Hmmmmm :?:
Classic line and equity red star or aib and hiscox????

Never heard of hiscox but they seem to have a good stable A rating in the usa.

Hi guys,

I'm due a renewal soon on my 2S, currently agreed value of £50K which having spoken to a few dealers this week seems slightly low but not to bad, I will adjust in August accordingly. I'm with Mannings and they have been pretty good so far . But I asked them about insuring that and a 93 4s I'm buying and they are insisting on a tracker which I'm not keen on . Do you all have trackers?

I'm in a fairly low risk area and it seems a lot of hassle particularly on a car that's battery notoriously goes flat quickly anyway, and the tracker annual fee is half the cost of Insurance. I don't really want to be cutting into the wiring loom either if I can avoid it.

Any suggestions for a insurer that doesn't insist on trackers ?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back