Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Rear Wiper Delete or Not?

ColinC

Getting a new rear screen fitted when in for paint.......

Delete the rear wiper or not?

Did any 993 leave the factory ( other than RS) without rear wiper?

It's all personal choice of course but it's a fickle fashion move to remove the rear wiper IMHO. Same as deleting the front headlight washers. You can restore again and again but you have originality once! Keep the wiper, buck the trend, fight the power

I love the rear wiper and the way it always takes you two goes to remember how to put it back down after washing :grin:

Plus if you drive really really fast backwards in the rain it's useful to have :thumb:

I fitted the RS rear window, no heater no wiper much lighter and causes a strange squashing lens effect. Treat with rain repellent, love it.

I wanted to say keep it, but chickened out for fear of being in a minority of one. If it was an optional extra back in the day I'm sure we'd all be wanting one, much like the too heavy hardbacks - ooh, I'm in trouble on that one!

What I would do though is change the wiper relay under the parcel shelf for a VW one - gives you a single wipe only at the press of the button, rather than wipe, screech, smear! Can't take credit for finding it - Citori did a write up a couple of years ago...

http://www.911uk.com/viewtopic.php?p=907982

Delete it-
I've always thought a rear wiper slightly ruins the smooth lines

+1

Toying with the idea of removing mine in the near future...

Leave it.
If it ain't broke...

When building The Red Baron I thought long and hard about a wiper delete. The PO had removed all the gubbins and put a bung in the hole.....
I reckoned that I'm not in an RS and like to see what's behind me, so bought all the parts to re commission it!
I like it and find it useful for the couple of kg's it all weighs....

Hi

I think they look right. I guess I expect to see one. My wiper arm is broken so I do not even use mine.

Berni

I have to say that I could probably count the times that I've used the rear wiper on one hand. However, on the very rare occasion that you need to reverse in a tight spot in the rain, I'm sure you'll be thankful you have it.

I'd keep it, no question. Keep it original.

Keeping the wiper!

I can understand the weight saving thing and it all sounds very appealing but I'm probably 10 kg over my 'fighting' weight so by that logic I need to chop a limb off to drive the car with any clear conscious...........don't know if it would really improve my time on the school run anyway......

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back