Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Alarm activation issue

l7apk

Trainee
Can anyone lay any light on the following alarm issue I have on my 05 997.
If I park the car outside with the doors locked and alarm on, as you do, the alarm will set off after a few minutes for no apparent reason.
When I park up in my garage and lock it, there's no issue, it doesn't go off.
I wonder if there is some sort of heat sensor in the passenger compartment and when the car interior heats up when it's outside it sets off. As when it's in the garage it's not taking in the Suns rays and staying cool-- just a thought.
Any ideas guys.

Is there no one on here who can help out with this issue.
I took the car out of the garage this morning and left it parked out on the drive, an hour later the alarm went off, as it got really hot in the sun.
I've got it booked in on Monday to see if it's thrown any faults.

Is your drive on a gradient and your garage flat? Could be a fault with the sensor there perhaps. Clutching at straws without it being look at though.

My alarm went off a couple of times for no reason. OPC fixed it under warranty - apparently it was showing error codes. Go figure...

Just to update you, and if anyone else has this issue.
No faults were showing, but with the description i gave of the fault the garage changed the temp sensor in the heater body, just above the clutch pedal. £20 part and problem solved.

That's good to know you've managed to get it sorted. Thanks for posting the fix.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back