Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Oil Change - Use Flush etc.?

ru'

Sorry, another oil change thread. I've not had my 997.2 turbo long, and I've just had the oil changed at my local OPC.

They have invoiced for the following, all of which I am not happy about:

1. Engine Flush & Cleaner (Wurth 893558)
2. Petrol Treatment (Wurth 5861101300)
3. Injector Cleaner (Wurth 5861111300)

In my opinion all of the above type of things are useless at best, and potentially damaging at worst. The last thing I want is residual oil flush in my engine rather than proper oil. The car has covered about 20,000 miles since new (late 2010).

If anyone has any Porsche specs stating either the above are recommended or not then I would love to get a copy.

Comments are, of course, most welcome.

I'm fuming; they've also damaged my wing mirror cover and deny any knowledge.

FWIW I'm in Abu Dhabi, so a hot environment if that changes anything.

Yup this seems to be a standard money earner anywhere east of Berlin. I wouldn't worry about it diluting the real oil though as they never did it in the first place.

Just ask to see these items in the official Porsche service list and then tell them where to stick it.

Not much help for your wing mirror on this occasion but one for the future perhaps; I always have the OPC (insert indy here if necessary) agree the condition of the car with me before I hand it over. Never had any issues with them doing this.

There was a sheet showing body condition, but I did not take a copy when I dropped it off. I believe they added a mark about the wing mirror after I kicked off. Luckily they also did a separate condition report as part of the work, and I did get a copy before seeing the car - funnily enough this has no mention of the mirror.

No way I'm letting this go!

Just an update; picked up the (returned) car today, they've sorted the wing mirror (and another chip which wasn't their fault) and credited my account with the money for the flush etc.

Thanks for the advice :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back