Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How to polish a 3.6 964 Turbo! WOW!!!

Interesting when you read through the thread and the previous owner steps up and gives a recount to 2014 (as below) then to this year when a 3.6 sold at Silverstone Auction for £220,000 :grin:

So, a quick update for you all. I paid 33k for this car about 7 years ago and sold it to a dealer a year later for 39k. He then sold it for 45k to a famous shoe designer as a gift for his secretary. I was speaking to the dealer i sold the car to a few weeks ago about storing some of my other cars and noticed that he had it back in again. He said he just sold it, i cheekily asked him if he minded me asking how much for and he told me £168,000!!!!!

Why did i sell it?!!!! GUTTED is not the word!!

Wow how the market has changed since around 07.

Glad I bought my old 911 then in 07.

In 1998 I nearly bought an identical car from Porsche AFN Guildford. Was £58k.. I thought they were starting to look dated.. Old model... Over priced being from a dealer so bought a brand new TVR instead.

Now I utterly love them and probably never be able to justify one sitting in my garage.

Not sure I could have kept it for 17 years for a huge profit... More likely it would have been me selling it to the guy for £33k having lost 40%

One of my reasons, I could not afford to buy another one again if I sold mine.

I still feel lucky, to have it in the first place.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back