Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Where to get exhaust clamps (local exhaust garage or dealer?

gerlewis

Monza
BHZ661 has kindly posted me some standard 996.1 tips, but the clamps on my car are clearly not re-usable.

Is this the sort of thing a local kwik-fit would stock, or would I need to order the clamps from dealer (or online store?) in advance of visiting an exhaust garage?

Any advice?

Thanks
Ger

Awesome - thanks mate.

Words of caution, I placed order for this fitting kit last month and waited, and waited, and waited. 10 days later I got an email saying that they were unable to supply at the present time along with a refund.

:nooo:

Thanks for the advice all. :thumb:

I bought cheap ones which seemed to be same as i removed but they didnt have the width or "reach" for my milltek end joiner which i was trying to mate with aftermarket FK tailpipes.

I ordered some oem stainless items off ebay but these disappointed me further as had non-stainless nut/bolt, and also needed fettling in the vice to get the shape more like.
Furthermore, they didnt clamp tightly until almost fully 'done up' on the bolt.

Design 911do some better looking easy-fit clamps that are similar to turbo/downpipe joiner clamps.

Hope that helps.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Milno
Back