Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Warranty on Trailing Arms

wildej

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi Guys, my fairly recently purchased 997 Gen 2 Carrera developed a fairly annoying rattle from the front end over the past month, sounded like the undertray loose so booked it into OPC as it has a few months extended warranty left on it.
Went out with the Tech for a drive and as soon as he heard the rattle he said it will be the front trailing/coffin arms which aren't covered under warranty and would be classed as wear and tear. This was confirmed when it went on the ramps. Cost of £489 to replace.
Wrote an email to Customer Services in Theale asking for a goodwill gesture as car is only 5 years old.
Didn't expect much from the email to be honest but received a call from the OPC a couple of days later who said Porsche would cover the work under warranty.
Fair play to Porsche for this my faith is restored and saved me nearly £500 in the process just for sending an email and asking the question. :thumb:

wasz said:
Great result!

However its probably more because you purchased it recently than them relaxing the warranty.

I bought it private not from an OPC so they could of told me to suck eggs and pay for it. :D

Took mine to Byfleet OPC yesterday for knocking suspension and diagnosis was trailing arms too. My car is 2008 (early Gen 2) and has 54k miles on and they said suspension is covered up to 60k miles so all booked in for both sides under warranty!!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back