Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Attention Seeking Members, Maybe not

-- 997 --

Barcelona
How many of you guys and gals get the attention from the public when driving your 911? And do you get bored of it whilst driving??

:lol:

J

It's the most attention grabbing car I've ever had and it's quite funny catching people who try to quickly look away. I caught one guy and he quickly looked up at the sky, as if he suddenly felt the urge to admire the clouds. It's quite an entertaining game though.

Me personally I don't care about giving anyone a big head. If I see a nice car, I'll give it a good glazing with my occulus.

Me personally I don't care about giving anyone a big head. If I see a nice car, I'll give it a good glazing with my occulus.[/quote]

+1
With the 911 it's a people pleaser,not too flash,but still got the style,not too big,reliable and practical,not in your face, fits in to any occasion and it is affordable to many people. The trouble with Ferraris,Lambos,Maseratis, Maclarens and so many other specials they are just so far out of reach for so many people, and the jeoulsy thing steps in. Me I love a Winner and an achiever. So fly the flag and be proud. :thumb:

Well I can honestly say I have had more drivers cars than I can list M5's M3's over 20 Mini Coopers S's you name it I had one in the saloon car style of motor .I had been parking when a chap who was driving a new Audi whatever which was twice the value of the 911 came over and said what fantastic a car and it has happened twice more since, never ever has that happened before for me I know that I had made the right choice buying a Porsche loving this one and already dreaming of the next !!! :thumb:

I am amazed at the admiration the 911 brings from onlookers when I am driving, parked up or outside my house. Like many I have had far more expensive cars like my current 4 series that just don't get the same appreciation. People see the 997 as a stunning car that still looks fresh and modern and thus people believe it is far more expensive to buy.

I think driving the 911 is like dating a beautiful woman...

We don't own them - we are custodians..

We know that when we are being looked at.. they are looking at her and not us.

It doesn't matter which one you are dating - you always catch yourself looking at another :wink:

wibbaboo said:

It doesn't matter which one you are dating - you always catch yourself looking at another :wink:

:D :thumb: so true

I get 2 reactions -

1 Porsche - Wan£er

2 - Nice car mate. Small kids getting very excited, which is very sweet and general admiration.

Don't really get any glances in London, think I've only ever had one thumbs up from an Eastern European bloke (they do like their nice German cars).

I have another car for the attention grabbing :D

The French love them. Most days on holiday I was on the beach last year in St Tropez and everytime I came back to the car folk were either having a good look or taking photos. Was good fun dropping the roof as I walked toward the car (with the key fob) and watch them jump back in amazement wondering why the roof was going down :lol:

I think there are so many Porsches in London that they don't really cause so many heads to turn.

I saw a Gen2 Cayman S (but the most recent model 2014 plate) today, as I was getting into my Gen 2 (but the first one 2010 plate) and I couldn't help thinking, why have they written Porsche on the back of it, sorry if it sounds like I am jealous of the latest models but it looks attention seeking in itself :don't know:

wibbaboo said:

Excellent :worship:

I'd never noticed that I got any specific attention with my previous cars but it's become obvious over the last couple of months that ladies love nice red cars.

From day one when a very pretty estate agent, visiting a neighbour, appeared next to me and chatted for 5 minutes whilst I was cleaning the car, the receptionist at my Indy coming out to ogle it, several chats at shows, to yesterday when a lady that's walked passed me dozens of times made a point of stopping and saying hello for the first time and immediately mentioned my luvverly car.

I'd never considered buying a red 911 but it was one of the first Porsches that my wife has ever described as being 'actually quite nice' and I haven't looked at any other colours in the same way since. :cloud9:

Attention seeking or not, that's exactly what you get when driving a 911 on the continent. When driving through small towns and villages the 911 takes on celebrity status. The interest shoots off the scale if you're in a group, people wave and smile, and that's just the old ladies!

Moved to General Porsche Chatter.

pzero said:
Attention seeking or not, that's exactly what you get when driving a 911 on the continent. When driving through small towns and villages the 911 takes on celebrity status. The interest shoots off the scale if you're in a group, people wave and smile, and that's just the old ladies!

Moved to General Porsche Chatter.

And you struggle to get all their names!

I get a lot of nice attention in my 964, now that it's gulf blue.

Get let out of junctions, other cars give way, lots of waves and thumbs up, and lots of chatting when I pull up.

The difference is staggering. Nothing but admiration. Even at OPC the service girl said 'your [car is] absolutely gorgeous"

PeterS said:
And you struggle to get all their names!

:hand:

Um, I think that's the most appropriate emoticon.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back