Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hottest day of the year and the top's still up!

Alex

Nordschleife
I can never get my head round this. No matter how hot and sunny it is, there's still people round where I live that drive round in their convertibles with the roof up - why?

I totally get people not liking convertibles and not owning one, but why would someone go out and purchase one and then never put the roof down, even in the most extreme circumstances. Are they that thick they don't know how to do it or is it a case of they don't want to fracture their hairstyle?

Women are usually the biggest culprits round here. :?

if youre in town traffic and trapped in the sun, I would say today was too hot to have the roof down.

If its the A roads then its gotta be roof down.

Im in a coupe now and sometimes miss getting my little baldy head tanned.

wilpert said:
if youre in town traffic and trapped in the sun, I would say today was too hot to have the roof down.

If its the A roads then its gotta be roof down.

Im in a coupe now and sometimes miss getting my little baldy head tanned.

^^^ This.

I've stopped on the M25 before and put the hood up and the aircon on as i was cooking. And i'm not a baldy either....

I totally understand that, but there's no traffics jams where I live and they still drive round with the top up. :nooo:

alex yates said:
Women are usually the biggest culprits round here. :?

The various girls I was dating when I had mine (oh the days............) always moaned about the less pleasant aspects of 'wind in the hair motoring'. As someone who has a haircut like something out of 'An Officer and a Gentleman', this was always a bit of a nuisance.

Sure I empathised when I picked them up and we were going somewhere nice and they'd spent time making their hair look good. But I never understood the problem when it came to the 'drive home of shame'............. :whistle:

tumblr_m72vj4goTZ1qcn1hxo1_1280.jpg

Nope, only size ten or under :hand:

Well apart from that one time when I'd drunk a bottle of tequila...... :oops:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barrywhite
Back