Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Nightmare Help Please

Jam911

Albert Park
Help please.

Been swapping the seat belts over on my car.

I disconnected the battery and shut the bonnet.

I have just tried to open it again by powering the bonnets tag in the fuse box with a battery charger leads and nothing.

Does the key need to be in the ignition?

Do I need jump leads instead?

Argh!!

I've got a Cayman and inadvertently closed the luggage compartment lid after removing the battery. I followed the procedure in the handbook using the removed battery and leads attached to the connector in the fuse box (+) and the door latch (-). Can't remember whether it was the key fob or the release in the sill but one of them didn't release the lid but the other did.

Any more ideas please

Jam911 said:
Any more ideas please

A battery charger won't give you enough current; you need to use a car battery or a jump pack. The ignition doesn't need to be on but the boot release inside the car is the only thing that will activate the release, the key fob won't.

^^^^Yep what NXI said a charged 12 battery or Booster pack^^^^

I have a jump starter pack on charge.

Fingers crossed

Thank you

Dead, nothing, a jump starter and jump leads did not get the bonnet release to operate.

I had to strip of the wheel arch liners to find the pull cord.

A right pain TBH

On the up side, you'll never do it again :grin:

My god you are so right there

Jam you most certainly need a car battery giving the current required to allow the solenoid to operate.
I appreciate it's not much but sourcing the above will suffice.
How about a neighbour or anybody about???
:thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back