Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 wrapping

jvr

I Guys
Been thinking of a wrap lately as I have a seal grey 2002 996 c2.Thinking about getting it done in the Gulf blue and orange design.Ive got 18 inch gt3 sport design wheels and standard body.

Whats the wide opinion on all the aspects of this?

Thoughts

Cheers

P :?:

My two 'peneth - Don't bother!

You have a fantastic colour car, keep it original.

Im partially doing it as my bumpers are out of colour as in the past they have been painted,although having checked in the correct shade as per the pantone card and to get a colour match im virtually spraying the whole car :sad:
P

Its your car, up to you to go down whatever route you see fit. For what its worth I personally wouldn't purchase a car that has been wrapped, but then i'm old and dont understand these new fangled fads.

I agree with alex your car is a good colour already. but on the other hand its your car who cares what anyone else thinks if its what you want go for it. taste is a personal thing just don't paint it pink with yellow polka dots lol :lol: just enjoy your car

jvr said:
Im partially doing it as my bumpers are out of colour as in the past they have been painted,although having checked in the correct shade as per the pantone card and to get a colour match im virtually spraying the whole car :sad:
P

You only need to match each bumper to the panel it's mating. Any decent body shop should have a selection of swatches and be able to do a perfect match. If someone's telling you virtually the whole car needs spraying, they're pulling you leg.

Yeah its taking it in to each panel on four corners and possibly approaching the doors ,half the bonnet and boot,
£1400! and another quote of £1100

Someone's havin' a giraffe!

If that's the case I need to find someone around Wiltshire/Gloucestershire who's not a comedian :dont know:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back