Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM2 simcard slot question

f1dino

Hi everyone,

Sorry if this is a repeat thread but I have searched and searched and not found anything.

I'm soon to be the proud owner of an 03 C4S :) and I cant wait till I pick her up next Tuesday...come on clock.....:)
Before I do that though, I have a query about the PCM2 system.

Now I don't have my instruction book to look at yet, but when I took the car for a drive, I noticed that the slot that the phone simcard sits in is permanently sticking out. I tried to pop it back into the head unit but it popped out again.
The dealer said that it was normal but it just needed a simcard fitting.

Is that right or should it stay in even if there isn't a simcard fitted?

Any helpful replies will be gratefully received. Photos will follow as soon as I collect her, I promise :)

Cheers :)

I thought it would stay in without a sim too. Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there a special way of keeping it closed? secret button?

Even if you just say that it should stay shut by pushing it in, that would be a help.

Cheers :thumb:

SIM

Mine stays in without the SIM card in and think it is meant to.

Thank you.

I've spent a while looking into this now and I think that the one on my PCM unit is broken as it doesn't stay shut! I don't care about the phone functionality, it just looks pony!!

I'll let the dealer know so that its fixed before I collect the car.

Thanks for all your help :thumbs:

What you describe is a common fault with the SIM card tray, replacement are available though.

Enjoy the car, don't worry too much about your PCM2, I have it in my C4S, now wish I didn't! They are cr4p.

That sounds good. Any pointers on where I might get a replacement?
I'm all new to this Porsche stuff. :dont know:

Hi,

I had exactly the same issue and used these guys -

http://www.mapleaudio.co.uk/

Very good service and from memory it was about £160.00 to fix.

I had my local indie remove and reinstall the PCM2 as I'm not good with mucking about with such stuff.

Good luck.

common problem
but the dealer is bullshitting you
I get mine fixed by Putnoe radio Services
01429 869220
12 Clifton Avenue
Hartlepool
TS26 9QN
It is a remove unit and send away job

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads