Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 Turbo Manual - WTB

jotaking

Anyone considering selling their 997 turbo at the moment?

Has to be a manual!

Cab or Coupe

Cheers

Steve

Right....

Found a couple of cars online....Manual Cabs (my preference)

These things hold the money well!!

Car is pushing my budget to the max (50K) for a 50k miles. That said, I really do want a Turbo..

I did see a few GEN 2 4S & S cabs that are coming in at around 7k cheaper. (Much easier on my my budget)

My only concern with the S versions is that I think these tend to drop to mid to low 20's at 8-10 years (looking at early Carrera 997 & 996 prices), whereas from what I have seen with the 996 T, the T cars tend to bottom out at around 40K.

From my limited knowledge I don't think I have ever seen a 911 T of any year for less than 40K??

IMHO the 997 T is a better looking car, last of the metzger etc... so I am thinking that 50K could be the entry point for a sorted 997 T?

Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

TIA

jotaking said:
........ from my limited knowledge I don't think I have ever seen a 911 T of any year for less than 40K??

IMHO the 997 T is a better looking car, last of the metzger etc... so I am thinking that 50K could be the entry point for a sorted 997 T?

At the tail end of last year early, above average mileage, 997Ts started to appear at below £40k with one or two dropping as low as £36k.

Since the spring these cars have been £40k-£45k as values have bounced back up in line with virtually every other Porsche more than 5 years old.

That said, £50k should get you a very nice Gen1 car.

Happy Hunting

:thumb:

£50k is a very sensible budget for gen 1 997 Turbo

Good luck. Should buy you a clean cared-for example.

jotaking said:
Right....

Found a couple of cars online....Manual Cabs (my preference)

These things hold the money well!!

Car is pushing my budget to the max (50K) for a 50k miles. That said, I really do want a Turbo..

I did see a few GEN 2 4S & S cabs that are coming in at around 7k cheaper. (Much easier on my my budget)

My only concern with the S versions is that I think these tend to drop to mid to low 20's at 8-10 years (looking at early Carrera 997 & 996 prices), whereas from what I have seen with the 996 T, the T cars tend to bottom out at around 40K.

From my limited knowledge I don't think I have ever seen a 911 T of any year for less than 40K??

TIA

At the moment a very good 2010 997.2S is around 45-50 k, that's a few k up on this time last year. About a year ago you could get a nice gen 1 Turbo for 40k, they have crept up a lot now to mid 40's- 50k will get you a very nice one, gen 2's Turbos seem a very good buy at the moment For low 60's. You can't really go wrong with any turbo IMHO.
Swings and roundabouts for that money you can get a mint gen 2S or a mint gen 1 Turbo, as you say long term the Turbo will hold its money better. I n normally aspirated cars I very much doubt the gen 2's will ever bottom out as low as the gen 1 however.
I had about your budget and really wanted a turbo, and still do, but I didn't want a manual or a tip, it had to be PDK so I went for the Gen 2 S, with the next planned move to a 997.2 or even 991 turbo.
Good luck in whatever you decide, I'd up the budget and get a gen 2 turbo

:grin:

Thanks for the responses folks...

This feel almost like deja vue..

Back in 2011 I purchased my first 911, a 964. At the time I was hankering after a 964 3.3T at 35K, however, head ruled over heart and I got my 964 C4 cab. Think that T must be worth 65K+ now :(

Do you think the 997 T gen 1 cars are on the rise? Or do you think they may soften to early £40's?

I do prefer the looks of the Gen2 and I am sure in 12 months the early cars will depreciate further? That said...in time will gen 1 (Metzger) be more desirable?? Crystal ball time!!

There appears to be a good one at RSJ at the moment.

http://www.rsjsportscars.co.uk/showroom_details.php?url=MzMx&id=331&oderid=2

Porsche 911 (997) Turbo 3.6
£53,000

(57 - 2008) 480bhp
27,000 miles
Basalt black with black leather
3.6 litre twin turbo
4 wheel drive
6 speed manual gearbox
Climate control
Porsche Stability Management (PSM)
Active suspension (PASM)
Satellite Navigation (PCM 2)
Telephone module
Sports chrono
Electric sunroof
Bose sound upgrade
Rear parking sensors
Multifunction steering wheel
Electric memory seats
Litronic headlights
19 inch turbo wheels

jotaking said:
Do you think the 997 T gen 1 cars are on the rise? Or do you think they may soften to early £40's?

I do prefer the looks of the Gen2 and I am sure in 12 months the early cars will depreciate further? That said...in time will gen 1 (Metzger) be more desirable?? Crystal ball time!!

See above regarding what has happened to values in the last 6 months.

I can't see them rising much more but I really can't see them falling much either. What other Porsche gives so much vfm at £45K?

Gen2 cars will command a premium for a while as they are a development of the earlier car but, in time .... "last of the Mezgers" :dont know:

My opinion is that if you want an auto and can stretch to a Gen2 the PDK box (on top of the looks and better PCM) will make the extra spend well worthwhile.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlas.997
Back