Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

250k MILES AND COUNTING

KP964

My Porsche 964 now has 200,000 miles on the clock
I jumped in the car this morning all exited at the prospect of taking my 200k odometer photo , it read 199988 miles so only 12 miles to go , i grabbed my camera and set off , 2 miles down the road i noticed that the odometer had actually stuck at 199988 , no movement , "Bollocks " , i couldn't believe it , i have taken the car well over 200k today but it looks like the car doesn't want to display the fact !.

So its time to celebrate a "mile"stone ! , we reached 200,000 miles , the car had 150k on it when I acquired it 2 years ago and ive added another 50,000 happy miles, i have been looking forward to this day for ages , its not the first car in the world to do this but for me it confirms the fact that these 'sports cars" are strong usable every day 'sports cars" .

In two years ive had to replace the old dried up oil lines running along the sill and a brake booster pump , everything else has been basic servicing items , the car has clean oil running through it all the time and is well looked after , I will continue my 500 miles of pure pleasure every week and hope to see 300k as quick as possible.
I actually bought a cake as well but we ate it before i got a chance to take the photos . Keith

Attachments

• 200k_332.jpg
    200k_332.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 14,014
  • 200k_169.jpg
    200k_169.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 14,014
Congatulations keith !!

200,000 that's quite an achievement for any car :thumb:

Here's to many more miles of happy motoring.....see you tomorrow.

John

Your nuts :bye:

Ian

Well done :thumb: There are a few places that can fix the cogs in the speedo for you if you dont want to do it yourself. The dial looks good so worth fixing it :thumb:

You do like to put the miles on Keith, I just turned 186,000 yesterday and a big chunk of those have been down to you :thumbs:

Keith, well done that man :thumb:
Only you could celebrate in such an artistic way :grin:

I do love this forum :worship:

i grabbed my camera and set off , 2 miles down the road i noticed that the odometer had actually stuck at 199988 , no movement , "Bollocks "

Classic :floor:

Like all classy women, she's lying about her age :grin:

Congrats,
Paul

Thanks a lot chaps .. Paul you are right , it is temperamental like a woman too as its decided to sulk on and off all day , ive been to Scotland then all over Northumberland tonight , 450 miles and she is showing that ive done 26 , the little bitch :bandit: ... im going to Perth tomorrow , she has stamina .
I will take zingers advice , i will be the only person in the world to wind my clock forward ! , im keeping a note of my mileage .

Attachments

• porsche_mileage_414.jpg
    porsche_mileage_414.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 13,729
Congrats Keith!

Many years of happy motoring ahead for you both!

Now get out there and watch out for those cats eyes :puh:

Chris

kp964 said:
Thanks a lot chaps .. Paul you are right , it is temperamental like a woman too as its decided to sulk on and off all day , ive been to Scotland then all over Northumberland tonight , 450 miles and she is showing that ive done 26 , the little bitch :bandit: ... im going to Perth tomorrow , she has stamina .
I will take zingers advice , i will be the only person in the world to wind my clock forward ! , im keeping a note of my mileage .

Keith feel free to drop in for a coffee if your still about late afternoon

Gaz

07764 461845

The car had exactly the same problem about ten or eleven years ago.

IIRC I believe the previous owner reset the odometer to zero.

:D

PS
Congratulations, she is now officially run in. You can give her full throttle now.

:thumb:

Cheers Chris and Pete :thumb:

Gaz : It was a flying visit and thanks , i did nearly contact you as we had to meet somewhere and i thought of your back garden at first :grin: , bloody long drive that was !! ... i was originally going to the far end of Aberdeen but ended up meeting the client in Perthshire , i went to a place called Comrie croft , the camp site , lovely pictures place , nice roads to .

Attachments

• perthshire_370.jpg
    perthshire_370.jpg
    197.9 KB · Views: 13,565
Keith,

I was working about 15minutes away from you today ! that is the Braco-Comrie road you are parked on also about 15min from the house. Hope you got some good pictures at the camp and its old nissan huts as you say intersting place.

cheers

Gaz

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scratch
Back