Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Seat Belt Colour Change - It Begins

Jam911

So I have spent the morning stripping out all four seat belts.
It took some time to get them out but all went well.
The online guides help, so does having faith that if you pull a bit of trim off it will come off without breaking all the clips and costing a fortune to repair.
The rears were harder to get out than the fronts, which I didn't expect.
Too hot and cramped to do pic's sorry.
Taking them to be re webbed.
Black to red.
Will post a pic when complete.

Sounds like an excellent refresh of the belts. :thumb:

If not being too rude, what is the price of the re-web ?

Look forwards to seeing the red belts in place. :)

FDTS at Byfleet changed the webbing for £30 + VAT per belt.

Sue there was great and I got coffee and cake while they did the change over. Very professional outfit.

Taking the belts of and putting them back on has nearly broken me though it is not a walk in the park...

I will post pics when I am over the trauma

Trauma carried on until lunchtime.
All done.
Will post pics when I like the car again....

Yes and they look great.
You have to do it yourself or spend about 5 hours for labour or more.

Thanks to tobesetc from the 993 section on here for lending me tools to try and get back into the bonnet after total lock out....only took about 5 hours to sort that out

Pics coming soon

I've used Sue at FTDS for some classic car seatbelts. A great old company that really know what they are doing....and at good prices.

Hi jam911

Thanks for the thread.

I spoke to sue and she is brilliant.

I want to change the ones in the Cayman and no issue to post to them.

Did you have any issues with warning light coming on for air bags etc. did you disconnect the battery or anything

Look forward to seeing the photos

No problem as you disconnect the battery before starting and reconnect after finishing

Read my post - Nightmare please help

You won't have a problem if you don't have to park on the street and can leave the bonnet open whilst doing the swap.

I am pleased oath the result but it is a fiddly and cramped job to do.

Good luck

But much easier on the cayman! - the rears are much harder than the fronts.
There is also a place in bedfordshire who do them by return postage for around £50 each. Very fast service.

Jam911

Thanks for the Comments.

I have seen a guide on Planet 911 and the belts coming out look ok on Cayman as rob-p says

I can disconnect the battery and leave the front bonnet open no problem so that's not an issue

I'm just slightly concerned that I then have issues when I reconnect the battery or that the air bag warning light comes on or the sport button stops working and I need something reset as I m over 40 miles from OPC so 80 mile round trip.

I am going to start a separate specific link if you don't mind but thanks for all your help.

This is what makes this site brilliant

Nice :thumb: :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back