Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Attempted Carjacking!

chowgar

Spa-Francorchamps
Beware fellow forum members.

It's easy to let your guard down. A couple of days ago a gang of about 8 teenagers on scooters were driving past me. Then one of them pointed to my car. I kept a lookout in my rear view mirrors as I turned into my road, but didn't see anyone following. Then all of a sudden, I saw two of them approaching my vehicle on either side, as I stopped outside my house. Fortunately I hadn't properly parked so they didn't know my exact address. My wife was in the car with me. Then I saw one of them pull out some kind of extendable baton.

I told my wife what was happening and to be prepared. I contemplated fighting them, but fearing for my wife's safety and not wanting my car to be damaged, as well as giving away my address, I decided to evade them and drive off. I didn't know where the rest of them were at this point, but these two realised I was on to them and they then split up and made off.

These were just youths, but they are willing to inflict injury to others just to enjoy a little joy ride in a 911. Unless someone puts a gun to my head, I'm not going to just hand over my car to anyone! My family and property are sacred and I'll fight to protect them.

Anyhow, scooters seem to be the vehicle of choice in the present time to commit a vast array of crimes.

That sounds very scary. I had thoughts of that clip on YouTube with the guy in the black RR and the bunch of motorbikes around him when I read. Thanks for sharing as I'm now subconsciously more aware. Was this in broad daylight?

I'm pleased to hear both you and your wife (plus the car) were able to get away unharmed. You just don't expect these things unless you have grown up somewhere where they are more common.

I think I need to invest in a dash cam/ road angel or whatever the latest camera is, to capture the increased madness on the roads. Anyone know if there is a way to have the recording stored online somewhere rather than the camera itself?

Not nice, so glad you're ok. Had numerous friends followed home after Motocross meets with bikes on trailers and sighned up vans. Keep a low profile and watch your backs, it's good being a builder so many nice tools on hand to protect ourselves and they are legal to have, I would use to defend myself. Not so much of that sort of thing in our small rural village, everyone knows each other.Lets be carefull out there.

At least a couple of times a week here in London I come across bunches of scooter louts driving extremely dangerously and generally intimidating other road users and who are up to no good ......... here's hoping one day my cab will clip one of them off their scooter.

I am glad you managed to evade a confrontation and that no harm was done to either of you.

Scary💩 ! Glad you , wife and car are ok! What part of London were you?

A mate had his Mercedes ML car jacked last year , they jumped in rear seats whilst he was stationary. At least we are safe from that method :roll:

Had two news stories in one week in the local rag of people followed home , and relieved of very expensive watches, a rare Rolex and a Patek Phillipe Nautilus (about the price of a nice 997). Makes you worried about carrying anything of value :nooo:

madalaa said:
At least a couple of times a week here in London I come across bunches of scooter louts driving extremely dangerously and generally intimidating other road users and who are up to no good ..........

It is the same here in North London, there are always loads of them about on the noisiest scooters and often riding without helmets. Nothing ever seems to be done about it though.

Thank you for the sentiments good people. This happened around 2030 and in Goodmayes, East London.

Police don't give a monkey these days. Nothing is done.
Politicaly incorrect to arrest or to question yobs and if their skin color is dark they don't even bother ( without being racist here)......
Police have their hands tight in their backs.
I was the victim of an attempt carjack many years ago , I spent an evening in South Harrow with my wife at the time I had a brand new Nogaro blue S4 Audi 4.2 quattro. It was pretty late and we headed back home to Bedfordshire, we left Harrow and straight away we've been chased by a BMW full of asian lads , they tried to stop us and I knew what was coming. They tried many time and I said to my wife to hold tight she was really scared. I just floored it , flat out all the way to the M1 , they did keep up for a good while. What did save me is the fact my S4 was pretty soft on suspension and I could take speed bump faster than them.
As soon as I went on the M1 they gave up.
Little bastards !!
You have to be on your guards when you have a nice car.
I heard they do it in London with bicycles , seems to be the new trend !
Not a nice experience , best advise is just to floor it .
If a weapon is pulled out and you can be hurt just give the keys.

quattrosteph said:
Police don't give a monkey these days. Nothing is done.
Politicaly incorrect to arrest or to question yobs and if their skin color is dark they don't even bother ( without being racist here)......
Police have their hands tight in their backs.
I was the victim of an attempt carjack many years ago , I spent an evening in South Harrow with my wife at the time I had a brand new Nogaro blue S4 Audi 4.2 quattro. It was pretty late and we headed back home to Bedfordshire, we left Harrow and straight away we've been chased by a BMW full of asian lads , they tried to stop us and I knew what was coming. They tried many time and I said to my wife to hold tight she was really scared. I just floored it , flat out all the way to the M1 , they did keep up for a good while. What did save me is the fact my S4 was pretty soft on suspension and I could take speed bump faster than them.
As soon as I went on the M1 they gave up.
Little bastards !!
You have to be on your guards when you have a nice car.
I heard they do it in London with bicycles , seems to be the new trend !
Not a nice experience , best advise is just to floor it .
If a weapon is pulled out and you can be hurt just give the keys.

Blimey. I've lived in Harrow since 2003 and apart from road rage or 'racing' I've thankfully never heard anything like that. When did this happen? And what did the police say?

The fast Audi's, Merc's and BMW's are usually the target for these sorts of Crims because they get used for getaway cars, I think a 911 would only be taken for joyriding so I'm surprised they targeted yours with such an intent of violence.

When I bought my S4 B6 I was very cautious wherever I parked up as I started to hear more and more stories of car jacking and ambushes on the S4 and RS4's, I didn't ever have an issues personally but it was always in the back of my mind, I know it is worse in the South West of England though.

infrasilver said:
The fast Audi's, Merc's and BMW's are usually the target for these sorts of Crims because they get used for getaway cars, I think a 911 would only be taken for joyriding so I'm surprised they targeted yours with such an intent of violence.

When I bought my S4 B6 I was very cautious wherever I parked up as I started to hear more and more stories of car jacking and ambushes on the S4 and RS4's, I didn't ever have an issues personally but it was always in the back of my mind, I know it is worse in the South West of England though.

I think you mean the South East... Biggest news here in the South West is when the sheep have escaped from the field... :D

Theres a documentary called 'The Met' on BBC1 and alst weeks episode covered this sort of thing and why the Police are effectively useless at catching them

Stop in Halfords and get a half inch drive powerbar
And a 19mm socket
So good for getting the wheelnuts off your car

You escaped, I DIDNT!

A few years ago in my Mercedes Sports Coupe, Leyton London E 10, i had the sun roof open and drivers window down, 5 teenagers approached the car, one of them stuck his head in and said have you got any cigarettes, I said, "no" he grabbed my phone, i snatched it back, he grabbed my keys and they started scraming like animals for me to get out of the car. I did and I tried to bend the door back so they couldnt close it, but they drove off so fast that it pulled my ring off of my finger and into the gutter.

i sat on the kerb a bit bewildered but sort of adrenaline pumped, I would have got hurt if I had fought them.

These people are low life losers but they don't fear honest people.

You did well to drive off and protect the family.

edit:

Oh and the locals in the high rise block security office told me they knew who did it but denied knowing them when the police arrived. I went to police station and looked at the images of local scroats but they all looked the same.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back