Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Royal Steering Wheels!! Epic

Chris997C2

Trainee
I received my steering wheel from Royal yesterday and just want to say how happy I am with it. Great price and he was even able to offer an exchange on my wheel so I did not go without a wheel while the work was done.
It looks and feels gorgeous!

Sounds good. Any chance of a photo ?

So did they send you the retrimmed one, then you sent the old one back?

Sounds good- is it rude to ask the price?

Jack's work is fantastic, done a couple of mine.

Unfortunately my 911 steering wheel is red so it's a bit harder to get hold of the exact colour leather...

His prices are pretty standard, £110-130 plus a little for postage or fitting.

Btw OP
:useless:

to date jack M has done 34 porsche wheels for me, and quite a few other marques, i wont use anybody else.

He did my 993 wheel - very nice bloke and excellent work.

20150603_162042_zpsfb7frwiq.jpg

Great work Jack does.

medicus said:
to date jack M has done 34 porsche wheels for me, and quite a few other marques, i wont use anybody else.

34!! Bloody hell! Either you have a big garage or you change cars more often than my missus changes her mind about what to wear when we go out....

mikeluke said:
medicus said:

34!! Bloody hell! Either you have a big garage or you change cars more often than my missus changes her mind about what to wear when we go out....

neither :hand:

i convert porsche wheels to paddle shift (for tiptronic cars)

medicus said:
mikeluke said:
medicus said:

neither :hand:

i convert porsche wheels to paddle shift (for tiptronic cars)

Ah.....

Jack did my 996T wheel - I bought an old yukky brown one and he thickened it and recovered in blue alcantara to match the roof lining. Only issue that I had was the he forgot to cut out the holes for the fixing bolts...

I sent off the form on his website last night to re-trim my dysentery wheel which I'm converting to paddles...

Seems someone is buying all the black manual 996 wheels :roll: so the rest of us are scratching around with dodgy coloured ones..... :p

Ive plasti-dipped the body of the wheel black with excellent results, but if he can trim the body in leather/alcantara I'm sure it would be even better.

Medicus, do you send him the wheel before or after you've fitted the paddles? I've cut the holes and am ready to just bolt the paddles on, but given I'm hoping he'll re-trim the body of the wheel do you think I should just leave the paddles off at the moment or send with them on?

sorry sir, yes im guilty of buying all the wheels I can get (except the silly priced ones)
fortunately I have a couple of Porsche breakers who contact me before listing them on flea bay.

defiantly do your paddle conversion BEFORE you send to jack, that way he can trim up to them, and the new wheel leather does not get damaged accidentally.
if you need any help/advise just PM me sir.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back