Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Aircon Compressor clutch replacement?

Whitehorse

Hello all,

My A/C compressor clutch is grumbling and appears to have some play in the bearing. The compressor shaft is solid and the A/C is ice cold.

Can I replace the clutch or do I have to replace the entire Compressor, if I can where to get one from?

As an aside, my water pump bearing went recently and an idler, I wonder if a belt change in the past was incorrect? :?:

All and any help very much appreciated!

WH

Not sure if you can get an actual clutch sold separately, but I've had experience with one on a RAV4. Denso A/C compressor & it seems to be a hit or miss.

The original one failed, & it came off the shaft no problem. As I recall, it was a M6 pin holding the clutch on, & it simply slid off the shaft.

The second hand one I picked up from a breakers I couldn't budge. I ended up replacing the whole compressor & having to recharge the system.

I'll add a pic if i still have the old compressor & let you see how it looks.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back