Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Caliper refresh cost

Nik

Sao Paulo
Hi all.

Need some advice as I continue my path down the icy slope.

Having had the bare metal respray, I'm now thinking about having the calipers refreshed on my 993 C2. It doesn't have the nice big reds of the wide body cars, but I'm debating having the existing calipers painted red (or maybe midnight blue to match the exterior).

I'm just wondering, how much should the job cost ? I'm being quoted £1200-1300 which seems toppy ?! Admittedly that includes replacement of the caliper plate, in case that makes a difference.

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Total refurb on mine ....... powder coated red ....... new fluid seals, new dust seals and new plates cost £895.

Sounds much better and what I would have expected. Must admit, bit disappointing as I thought Impact/Precision were generally good value but beginning to wonder... [flame suit put on]

Do you mind sending me the det's of the place that did yours (am hoping it is in the South East).

I had mine refurbished and repainted by Tognola in Feb 2011 and it cost about £600, although that was in with a load of other work I was having done (full suspension replacement, all discs and pads, etc.) so might have been cheaper than if it was a discrete job

p.s. go for red!

Nik said:
Sounds much better and what I would have expected. Must admit, bit disappointing as I thought Impact/Precision were generally good value but beginning to wonder... [flame suit put on]

Do you mind sending me the det's of the place that did yours (am hoping it is in the South East).

They were very professionally done by a Polish guy called Tomas who used to trade under the name of Porsche Calipers ........ he now trades under another name ......... I will PM you.

002-1.jpg

Tom ........ have you flogged that old banger of yours yet? ........ ;)

I am sure Zingari would give you about £25K for it ......... :floor:

Tomas refurbished my calipers last year. I would use his services again.

madalaa said:
Tom ........ have you flogged that old banger of yours yet? ........ ;)

I am sure Zingari would give you about £25K for it ......... :floor:

Ha not yet... but it is going for a full service next week. First outing of the year!

Madalaa, could you pm me with tomas' contact details please?
Thanks.

I contacted him today and he asked me to drop him an email. Will send it to you if helpful ?

Rog ....... are you all sorted? ....... if so I won't bother to send details.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monkey
Back