Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Mufflers exchange, best way?

ARP

Spa-Francorchamps
Getting modified RSRs fitted next week by D & G Motor Engineers. I was wondering what people had found the best courier to use to send back my exchange mufflers, hopefully not having to spend too much to ship.

I used parcelforce, they gave the best price for me.
Last time was parcelmonkey.

Its not big money at all, as the units for the more modern dfi engines are lighter than the older ones.

you could also try 'shiply'

Make sure you give the removed boxes a good look over before you send them. I entrusted this to my indie, who didn't, then sent them to Gert, who later found that they were rusty and dented. I lost my 'core exchange' and thus wasted the 100 quid it cost me to ship.
Thankfully Gert refunded a bit of my core charge to help me offset the courier fees...
Still, an expensive swap! :x

spannermonkey said:
Make sure you give the removed boxes a good look over before you send them. I entrusted this to my indie, who didn't, then sent them to Gert, who later found that they were rusty and dented. I lost my 'core exchange' and thus wasted the 100 quid it cost me to ship.
Thankfully Gert refunded a bit of my core charge to help me offset the courier fees...

Has anyone got any sound clips of the converted boxes at all?

Spannermonkey- just noted your location, I'm near Holmfirth later today in my C2S 😊

ChrisT70 said:
spannermonkey said:

Spannermonkey- just noted your location, I'm near Holmfirth later today in my C2S 😊

John T has made a good clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ZBX8viVek

Im currently in my other home in HK at the mo Chris. I'll be back over in blighty in a few weeks tho. Lets meet up if youre in the area regualry?

Yes that would be good if you want a mini porsche meet? Often go to The Carding shed retro meets at Hepworth if you are around one evening or weekend this summer. Would like to hear noise difference. ☺

ChrisT70 said:
Yes that would be good if you want a mini porsche meet? Often go to The Carding shed retro meets at Hepworth if you are around one evening or weekend this summer. Would like to hear noise difference. ☺

Sounds good Chris. I'll PM when i know my plans.

Jeff

Nice one. Maybe we'll put details up on here if anyone else in the north fancies a meet up etc?

spannermonkey said:
ChrisT70 said:
spannermonkey said:

John T has made a good clip:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w4ZBX8viVek

Im currently in my other home in HK at the mo Chris. I'll be back over in blighty in a few weeks tho. Lets meet up if youre in the area regualry?

That sound clip is interesting. Is that with the modded backboxes fitted? Sounds much better. Interested in what this might cost and how it works on exchange?

Just had an interesting read and listen. Those gutted back boxes are exactly what the car needs!
Is there no one in the uk doing a roaring trade in exchange units then? Someones missing a trick here lol. Off to my local stainless exhaust fabricators for a word with em lets see what they can do methinks!

Just been to see a friend who runs an exhaust design/fit concern. He'd be willing to tackle but they have a ten week lead for their single design ramps where they custom make zausts. Mainly now fitting aftermarket so if i bought a pair of boxes and got them done I'd only be looking at about 60 quid fitted. Car is definitely a bit quiet other than top end and i love the sound clip posted earlier! 😀

Sorry for hijacking original thread but this has got me v tempted now as with the poor value of the euro this works out at about £285 right now at 400 euro. Is that price including the core charge or do you get anything back? Almost tempted to order tomorrow

Chris, Gert charges an extra 400 euros until he receives back usable back boxes from your car. Send him an email I've found him very helpful on the exhausts, and other stuff I've bought from him.

I'm looking forward the getting the RSRs fitted, to open up the sound. At the moment there not enough burble from the flat six for me.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PC Saros
Back