Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Looking for a used exhaust bypass pipe and I have a question

kas750

Hello chaps.I am thinking about fitting a bypass X pipe to my car and just wondered if anybody has a 2nd hand one gathering dust under a bench that I could buy?

Also are there any complications with the running of the car with these pipes fitted? Will it cause the engine to run lean?

No it wont cause your engine to run lean. not sure why you'd think that?

I just thought that because you are removing one of the silencers you would make the engine run lean?

I know on the bikes if you have a straight through pipe you have to jet up to compensate.

Hmm, well i have never considered it to be honest but as the last silencer is post any sort of measurement device, ie lambda, i cant see how it could effect it.

Anyway, stick one on there, you'll love it.

I have never actually heard one other than on Video clips but everyone seems to rave about them so why not.

It's actually a bit better for those on the outside of the car :floor:

What i like is that you can hear the engine note very clearly with a helmet on, great feedback for when you are feathering throttle etc.

The x pipe takes the car to another more intense level ! 8)

I fitted one to my 997.1 recently that i bought from Richy D on here, it's awesome, its the Hayward and Scott one, not for the shy though, its very loud at high revs.
I honestly think it sharpens throttle response as well.

I honestly think it sharpens throttle response as well.

yep - does that too...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back