Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996.2 GT3 front splitters - 3 versions?

adbett

Need to get another new splitter and trying to find the correct part number...there are lots of references to 'standard' and the 'cup' versions online but I think my previous one was a different version again? Are there 3 OEM versions available?

'standard' 996 505 986 92 01
The bottom lip gets shorter around the side of the car and blends into the PU just ahead of the front wheel. Expensive

'the last one I had'
Same depth as the standard but bottom lip protrudes all the way around and does not blend. Would like to get this one assuming cheaper

'cup' 996 505 986 91 ??
Deeper lip and extends all the way around (worse for speed bumps!)

You can just about see three versions in this old thread:
http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/996-turbo-gt2/319019-996gt3-rs-cup-lip-996gt2-bumper.html
red car = 'the last one I had'
orange tape = standard
white car at bottom = cup

Can anyone help with the missing part number or have I confused the versions out there?

Only 2 versions, regular which has smooth finish hence more expensive, and cup/motorsport version which is deeper, less well finished, and cheaper.

Little bit more info.

What you are seeing is 3 different splitters but the smallest is actually for the 996.1

The 2 larger are 996.2

The orange tape is on the standard 99650598602 part and the larger cup/motorsport is 99650598691

On a side note are there different versions for the 997 GT3 does anyone know?

kas750 said:

Yes same for 997, normal and cup.

Cunno said:
kas750 said:

Thanks for that.I seem to remember reading about 2 types a while ago.
I rang my local OPC last week and he seemed to think there was only one and it was listed at £220?

kas750 said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:

I rang my local OPC last week and he seemed to think there was only one and it was listed at £220?

Cup part is between £100 -£120, but is deeper so will ground a lot more. OPC will only see standard parts on PET.

Cunno said:
kas750 said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:

Cup part is between £100 -£120, but is deeper so will ground a lot more. OPC will only see standard parts on PET.

Can I order the cup part from OPC then if I can find the part number?

kas750 said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:
Cunno said:
kas750 said:

Can I order the cup part from OPC then if I can find the part number?

Yes
Part No 997.505.983.91 (including air ducts)

Cheers Jon.I really appreciate that.I'll get on to them tomorrow. :thumb:

kas750 said:
Cheers Jon.I really appreciate that.I'll get on to them tomorrow. :thumb:

Just be aware that the cup parts sits 20mm closer to the ground than a standard splitter and therefore you will be scraping it a lot more. I gave up using a cup splitter on the road.

there are a few on ebay from 9apart which are OEM and good money delivered.

just have a look on their shop or do a search on GT3 splitter front

good outfit for spares and have used in the past well.

about 1/3 of price of new from OPC and looks like OEM parts too!

Stuart - thanks for the detailed answer, I may have a very firm grasp on the wrong end of the stick but I still think I see two different non-Cup versions in the photos though?

nf5o9y.jpg

Both of these are normal (non-Cup) depth but on one the lip protrudes all
the way to the end but on the other it blends back in the bumper? I think both are for 996.2 model

I'm not fussed which one I have but if there is a cheaper version out there which isn't as deep as the Cup it would be good to find!

nf5o9y.jpg

The one with the pre-applied tape is standard and the extended edge version is cup (on red car), same as I currently have fitted. I'm pretty sure that's correct from memory. Every cup splitter I've purchased hasn't come with pre-applied tape and is definitely not as well finished as the standard.

If you read the rennlist link within the 6speed link it does mention that there is an aero version available but can't find part number, this may be the smaller of the 3 in pictures. Possibly the same size/shape as the MK1 GT3 splitter.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back