Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

cracks or normal wear and tear - X51 intake manifold

nodstar

Monza
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody had noticed something similar to these lines on the left hand side intake manifold (x51) before? Should I be concerned?

Marc

Attachments

• img_0786_207.jpg
    img_0786_207.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 1,831
Difficult to tell from the picture, but it looks remarkably like fuel staining ?

Clearly, given the jubilee clips it has been apart at some point in it's life?

That said, it does look as though there is some staining (as already posted) and what you are being is accentuated because of this - might just be casting marks.

The way to tell is get it removed and cleaned and use some crack detection spray.

Thanks for the replies. I have only just got the car and when the registration documents turn up I will try and get in touch with the previous owner and see if he can shed any light on it. I ran my finger over the lines and I could not feel any resistance / indents which is good so it could just be the casting marks. It is going in to have a new air con condenser fitted next week so I will ask my OPC what they think as well as seeing if they can clean it up.

Cheers

Marc

You could try spraying some carb cleaner on it and give it a scrub with an old toothbrush or something to see if the marks come off.

chaser said:
You could try spraying some carb cleaner on it and give it a scrub with an old toothbrush or something to see if the marks come off.

cheers chaser I will give that a go this weekend.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back