Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

How do you sell your foreign currency?

isysman

Daytona
I've just come back from Europe and I have some Euros that I want to sell. I went to my bank and they quoted mw €1.53 to 1.00! That's outrageous, Post Office offered the exact same rate.

I had a look online and I found some companies that buy your currency but I'm required to mail it to them by Special Delivery which makes me a little nervous. I'm just wondering what any of you usually do? It's more than a couple of hundred that's why I haven't just bitten the bullet.

Just checking if you have foreign currency dealers in Cheshire? Normally in London there are foreign currency dealers. The Post Office uses a bank for their financial transactions hence the same rate as a bank.

Just keep it for next time?
And while you're at it, get a Halifax Clarity credit card and you won't have to carry loads of foreign currency around.

I use Travel Premier - rates to buy beat PO as long as it's for a fair amount to start with, it's delivered to your door, and they buy back at the same rate if needed (you need to pay for postage but if that's more than the difference you'd get exchanging back at PO then you'd just walk there instead )

Great service - has never let me down

WOW! I've just had an idea. Why don't we buy and sell each other's Euros on here? Everyone's a winner then cos you can sell them at a better rate each way!

Get 'em up on here for sale :?: :dont know: :thumb:

arry said:
I use Travel Premier - rates to buy beat PO as long as it's for a fair amount to start with, it's delivered to your door, and they buy back at the same rate if needed (you need to pay for postage but if that's more than the difference you'd get exchanging back at PO then you'd just walk there instead )

How do you get the currency to them? Is it a high street place?

Shaoxter said:
Just keep it for next time?
And while you're at it, get a Halifax Clarity credit card and you won't have to carry loads of foreign currency around.

Well I didn't buy it here and take it with me. I get paid in Euros and usually it all goes into my bank but I have some in cash. And it's more than I'd spend so don't want to keep it really. I might open a Euro bank account?

Lloyds do an Euro bank account with a debit card option...

Stick em in there till the rate improves..

I seem to spend loads. There's a pile of us off to Le Mans next week so won't to hanging around for long.

Happy to have it (unless your from FIFA)

I keep it until the next time and as the Euro is at a high wait to see if the rate drops. I've just bought some otherwise I'd give you 1.40 exchange

I've got a Ten Trillion Dollar Zimbabwe note that nobody will swap :pc: well apart from an Indian Restaurant that offered me a free meal, which was probably a good deal :grin:

isysman said:
arry said:

No, it's an online service. You create an account then order and they send you currency next day delivered guaranteed.

Hassle free. Good service. Good buy back rates. Winner

arry said:
isysman said:
arry said:

No, it's an online service. You create an account then order and they send you currency next day delivered guaranteed.

Hassle free. Good service. Good buy back rates. Winner

I think you are talking about buying currency, I'm talking about selling it.

isysman said:
I think you are talking about buying currency, I'm talking about selling it.

I know; I may have confused you rather than me being confused. The point I was making is that if you buy from them next time, you're guaranteed the same rate back if you 'sell' it back to them, rather than the rubbish rates you get from selling to the PO.

It's too late this time, but as a service I'm just recommending it because of that. For example, when I went to Japan I took much more than I actually needed because we were in the mountains a lot and it was difficult to work out what we'd be spending on a daily basis. With Travel Premier I just sent a load back and didn't lose out other than the postage at a fiver.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe-nee-g
Back