Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Not my day

Bosco

Took my 911 in for it's 4 year service today, excited to be getting a new Boxster for a couple of days and had linked this with a few days off, being as it is a Bank Holiday week.

Five minutes from the dealership, I was waiting to pull out at a junction of a B road when I heard a crack as a small lorry went past - a loose stone had chipped the front window on the driver's side, within 200 metres this had developed into a 10 inch crack.

Fearing this would get worse, I drove back to the dealer, but got lost as I'm not familiar with the area and the sat-nav took me round the houses.

That drive has cost me 250 pounds re the Insurance excess, for 23 miles. I now have a VW Polo whilst my car is serviced...ah well...first world problems.

The Boxster seemed a top car, from what I saw of it.

I've never had a cracked windscreen before, I was taken back how quickly it spread.

Yep, me too. 75 quid excess 2 years ago.

Check they tighten the wiper arms correctly, they didn't on mine and first time it rained 2 days later...

The OP is probably on the OPC's policy for a loaner, hence the large excess. I'd have kept driving it for the 2 days and told them when I returned it.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back