Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997.2 Turbo Exhaust Tailpipes

AdeD

Sao Paulo
My OCD has got the better of me and i want to replace the exhaust tailpipes on my 997.2 Turbo as i can't get them perfectly clean and in the process of trying i've 'matted' the chrome slightly...
Porsche want £320+ each for these tailpipes which i've pretty much come to terms with but before i commit to spending my hard earned is there anywhere else i can get them for cheaper? I want OEM, not copies if there is such a thing... Design911 seems to be the same price as the dealer...

I've got the same problem with mine.
Been trying to polish them but getting a poor Finnish in places.
Have you investigated getting them re-plated etc

I'm going to investigate shortly

Yeah i'm not keen on the black tips, i quite like them in chrome, they add a bit of contrast to the back end... tbh i've not looked into getting them re-chromed... ** running off to google now :)

I've had two sets of OEM ones - both under warranty as the chrome pickled up/off.

The latest set i did not fit as I bought some s/s Fabspeed ones - which have disappointingly pitted badly all over after about 1,500 miles and 6 months. Currently in discussion with Fabspeed about warranty replacement...

So have fitted the second replacement set of OEM ones and they appear to be lasting far better. If there is any 'differnce', it is that I took off the black painted edge before I used them this time - on the past two sets it was under this that the chrome failed.

Watch this space...

RJKflyer said:
I've had two sets of OEM ones - both under warranty as the chrome pickled up/off.

The latest set i did not fit as I bought some s/s Fabspeed ones - which have disappointingly pitted badly all over after about 1,500 miles and 6 months. Currently in discussion with Fabspeed about warranty replacement...

So have fitted the second replacement set of OEM ones and they appear to be lasting far better. If there is any 'differnce', it is that I took off the black painted edge before I used them this time - on the past two sets it was under this that the chrome failed.

Watch this space...

Are these OEM tiros covered by Porsche OPC extended warranty?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back