Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Re E Type Jag Series.3 v12 coupe

Gary996

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi

I am After some advice

My father passed away last year and he had a Jaguar E Type Series 3 v12 coupe and as a family we do not really know what to do with it

We do not know if we should just sell it as it is .....the car has rust breaking out in several places

Do we get the rust removed killed cut out and then resprayed then sell it

Do we just leave it in the garage and then worry about this in 5-10 years

What would you do ?

Many thanks

I would sell it like it is through a classic car auction.

MC

Agree E types can be very expensive to sort bodywork out. Prices are good at moment so worth getting good auction house to give estimate
Sometimes it's better to move on quickly , restoration will take time and know that the constant reminder does not help
Good luck tough decision.

Definitely stick it in an auction- preferably with some slight story about it being a 'barn find' only recently discovered.

Would go with barn find however my father owned it for 40 years !!

Was thinking classic car auction with a reserve

Thank you

Defo classic car auction. The fact that your Dad owned it for 40 years is a big plus. People love "genuine and honest" cars. Let someone else have the aggro of getting it restored, after all, the next owner can decide whether to go for a full resto if its to become a garage queen or a light resto if they want to use it. Good luck with selling it. :thumb:

Shurv said:
Defo classic car auction. The fact that your Dad owned it for 40 years is a big plus. People love "genuine and honest" cars. Let someone else have the aggro of getting it restored, after all, the next owner can decide whether to go for a full resto if its to become a garage queen or a light resto if they want to use it. Good luck with selling it. :thumb:

+1

Good luck :thumb:

Any pics :?:

Auction now :thumb: who knows where prices will be in 5-10yrs. I would say based on the surge in classic car prices now is a good time.

Restoring one of these is a minefield and you could easily sink £20k+ into a 'minor' restoration. Yes you will get it back but will it add anything extra - that depends. Prices are all over the place and all based on condition due to restoration costs.

Series III Coupe is not the most sought after but does have a following. Presume yours is Auto as manual is rare.

Here is a 'barn find' which I presume is worse than yours but gives you an idea of market price http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Jaguar-E-...376?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item4d326b6f10

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jons123
Back