Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Cats for a 4s

Wrighty88

Spa-Francorchamps
Hi
Does anyone have any information on changing the cats on the 4s?
I had a brief google etc but nothing relevant came up.
Mainly things about x pipes ? and manifolds

i was thinking about what cell is best? I hear they restrict the power from the 996 and while changing the exhaust next week, why not swap the cats out at the same time?

I would ideally like a little more power ( i know its not going to be massive amounts)
not overly loud that its just ridiculous, because lets face it that will get boring after a while lol
and no problems with ecus, lights etc

and if some one could point me in the direction of which to purchase said cat would be great

The aftermarket exhaust sellers do 200 cell cats with their systems. I understand that these will still pass an MOT. Don't think 100cell ones do. That's as far as my understanding goes. :?:

The only ones I have found so far are the designtek ones.

Is there anyone else out there you could recommend ?

I fitted designtech 200 cell x-pipe passed mot no bother at all and better sound and also fitted the equal length headers. Noticed more power and much more responsive throttle response. It also has PSE. here is the youtube link of my car and how it sounds.
https://youtu.be/CAvMIN-2-bg

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back