Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

TPMS Sensors - fitting / coding? 997.1

Master_Betty

Silverstone
I'll be changing the rear tyres v soon (another thread). One of the rear tpms sensors has a flat battery, and the others are likely to be joining it soon due age/battery life. I've found a site that sells the appropriate ones and will likely do the tyres and sensors at the same time.

I've heard some people say you just replace them then set the tpms system away and others saying they have to scanned/programmed into the system? Any know for sure?

Also, how does the system know which sensor is communicating from which wheel?

Also toying with a rear wheel refurb - I assume the Excel wheel chap (or similar) can fit the sensors and tyres at the same time?

Just applying a cheeky bit of 'bump-age' to the thread as there hasnt been a reply.

Does anyone know? I figured there must be plenty of people going through this at present due to the life-span of the batteries (quoted at 8yrs I believe).

Changed mine about a year or so ago.

IIRC, the procedure was fit, drive and the system learns automatically. I think I may of had to go into the onboard menu to reset to 'Summer Tyres', but this may not be the case. Straightforward though.

Sorry for thread hijack, but do you need to fit new sensors or change batteries in the existing ones?

Anyone know if you can retrofit the module to the car?
I was a bit surprised it wasn't standard fit and my new wheels have TPMS on. Guess it would need coding too.

They pair to the car once you set via column stalk.

You cannot change the batteries in the TPMS modules - they are sealed units.

Martian said:
Changed mine about a year or so ago.

IIRC, the procedure was fit, drive and the system learns automatically. I think I may of had to go into the onboard menu to reset to 'Summer Tyres', but this may not be the case. Straightforward though.

Maybe I'm overthinking what is essentially a simple task but any idea on how it knows which sensor equates to which wheel? I wouldnt have thought the unit would be able to detect direction of the signal so must be something else about it?

Martian said:
The 'receivers' for the sensors are located in each wheel arch area.

^^^^^

This - there are 4 sensors, one behind each of the wheel arch liners.

Master_Betty said:
I've found a site that sells the appropriate ones and will likely do the tyres and sensors at the same time.

I too have sometimes eratic readings and a 2008 car so will require replacement soon, could you post a link to website please

Jason Taylor said:
Master_Betty said:
I've found a site that sells the appropriate ones and will likely do the tyres and sensors at the same time.

I too have sometimes eratic readings and a 2008 car so will require replacement soon, could you post a link to website please

It's these ones that I found after reading a few threads about it. But... A) do your own double check in case I'm mistaken, and b) I could have sworn this set of 4 were about £40 less a week or so ago so maybe shop about a bit.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231535686438?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back