Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

tyre repairs??

paul987

What's you lovely folks thoughts on tyre repairs?
I wouldn't normally consider one but.. my rear tyre is only 2 weeks old and today I've got a puncture. :sad:

At least you only have to buy one new tyre then rather than search for a part worn to match the tread depth of the non punctured one.

If you repair it, do you have the confidence in the repair to withstand the forces on it driving fast?

Tyre repairs are fine as long you don't do Vmax or top speed on Autobahn

If its in the middle of the tyre, as stated above - no super high speed runs, I would have no concerns. I ran a tyre for 12 months with a repair and it was no problems as all.
If it's towards the edges, I'd bin it.

It will be fine. Better to have a plug style repair where the patch has a bung that pulls through the tyre as they are a better repair. The only place it isn't safe to repair is the shoulders of the tyre. We do puncture repairs at work all the time and have never had a come back.

never seen or heard of any comebacks regarding a puncture repair.i have no problem at all running with one

they have to comply, so im assuming there fine, i would not have a problem running a car that has had a repair.
how many cars are bought second hand with repairs, and the buyer knows nothing? and does high speed runs....thousands ill bet. :thumb:

Thanks folks
:thumb:

I'm going to get it repaired

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
993gtnut
Back