Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Light Weight Flywheel 964/993/996/997

JohnnyDangerous

Estoril
LWFW complete with heatreated starter ring and bolts

£200 + delivery

This is a 964 RS flywheel genuine Porsche

Hi Johnny, do you have any idea how much lighter than the stock 996 FW this is. Is it also a straight swap with no other faff involved/ fits a stock clutch etc? Any pics? Any issues with removing the DMFW.
Sorry for all the questions.
Hope all is well mate ;)

ELA said:
Hi Johnny, do you have any idea how much lighter than the stock 996 FW this is. Is it also a straight swap with no other faff involved/ fits a stock clutch etc? Any pics? Any issues with removing the DMFW.
Hope all is well mate ;)

How much lighter?
-Stock clutch/pressure plate/disc/flywheel - 46 lbs
LWFW and Sachs Pressure PLate - 19 lbs

Stock clutch will fit all you have to change is the nose on the gearbox so it goes in the new release bearing, 2 screws and cheap. TBH my car felt like it had another 70hp !!!!!

JohnnyDangerous said:
ELA said:
Hope all is well mate ;)

How much lighter?
-Stock clutch/pressure plate/disc/flywheel - 46 lbs
LWFW and Sachs Pressure PLate - 19 lbs

Stock clutch will fit all you have to change is the nose on the gearbox so it goes in the new release bearing, 2 screws and cheap. TBH my car felt like it had another 70hp !!!!!

Sounds good mate, any further guidance on what you mean by this:

"change the nose on the gearbox so it goes in the new release bearing, 2 screws"

On the gearbox is a sleeve around the input shaft it inserts itself into the release bearing, when you fit a LWFW it moves everything away from the box a little so you need a longer sleeve to insert into the release bearing thats now in a slightly diff position. Its a cheap part and 2 mins to fit, I have the part number somewhere.

Hey Richie, i cant pm you back re the LWFW but you can mail me via the forum.
Ive fitted a triple carbon clutch which comes with its own flywheel, the flywheel is a straight bolt on and you can fit either a stock clutch or an 890nm cover with sprung plate or 890 unsprung plate, the gearbox nose is a small part direct from Porsche ( I will get part number) the LWFW is perfect, done around 5-6K miles there are no high spots and no vibrations when engaging clutch, as reagards noise I cant say with a normal sprung center plate as i ran the unsprung which is inherently noisey itself, it will be noisier than a DMFW by its very nature as that dampens the gearbox noise a bit.

Many thanks John, did you manage to find out what all these other bits are that I would need?

ELA said:
Many thanks John, did you manage to find out what all these other bits are that I would need?

As its you I can throw one in !!!!

Lovely stuff John is that everything that would be needed for installation? I'll take it off your hands ;)

ELA said:
Lovely stuff John is that everything that would be needed for installation? I'll take it off your hands ;)

You will need some spanners and a ramp :dont know: :?:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back