Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

dvla

bennyy

Silverstone
Anyone interested in Porsche related plates the next DVLA registrations auction might interest you.
911 FAN
POR 997T
How much do we think, I'll go 4K for 911 FAN and £1800 for POR997T

I'd guess nearer £15k for 911 FAN and £5k for POR997T.

hamster911 said:
KR15 HNA sold for 233k just think what car you could get for that.
Really? This all seems like urban legend stuff to my mind. A couple of number plates I saw this morning left me wondering....

MR69e
$4RAF-he bolted two screw holes to make the S and $.
They were both on cars that were worth less that what i was carrying in my wallet......and I only had coins.

The other one I saw the other week was

X4

Whats that got to be worth?

at the end of the day its a bit of fun, you could say it matters not what number a car has on it, but others see it as a proper modification, akin to changing the alloys, then you get the pompous ones (like me) who want the world to know our name or occupation.
some are a good laugh, others are cringe able, its only money, and you have to spend it on something :thumb:

Just because i was buying (not for the level below or anything near) i was watching some of these go through.

Nearest 911 numberplate

993 S sold £26,000 + vat and fees

however for those with deeper pockets and even more exclusive tastes

458 S sold £75,000 + vat and fees!

Benjs said:
Just because i was buying (not for the level below or anything near) i was watching some of these go through.

Nearest 911 numberplate

993 S sold £26,000 + vat and fees

however for those with deeper pockets and even more exclusive tastes

458 S sold £75,000 + vat and fees!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-31765914

wow, that's a lot for me, but if you have massive disposable income, then why not.
I have a 911 (tongue in cheek) number plate, that reads NINE 11
if you have not recently been to spec savers that is
it should be N111 NEU, but with my outrageous spacing and use of a fixing bolt I get
N111NE 11 :floor:
best offer over £350 (or should that be £35 :thumb: )

Guys

don't know if anyone has posted this before so, if they have please forgive me going over old ground.

If you want to find out if your idea index number/plate is available you can use the following link/form: https://emaildvla.direct.gov.uk/emaildvla/cegemail/dvla/en/vehicle_7_64.html

I've used this several times and have narrowed mine down to two or three plates. Sadly the DVLA will no longer sell direct to you or I as an individual and will only send unsold plates to auction; unfortunately sending a plate to auction can also take some time as they have a lot of requests. I'm just waiting for mine to hit the auction system but thought you'd like to know that this is a service that is available.

Hope that helps

Osh

plate

Lady in Colchester used to pull out of a scrap yard 30 years ago in a white Bmw with: 008 always wondered if there was a 007 running about!!

My Mum had the number plate 3 KAR and my Dad 5 ARK when I was a youngster.

They sold both plus the Volvo and rare BMW 2800 saloon they were on for £300 in 1987.

How much are they worth now........? :duh:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back