Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Turbo S vs Golf R

soundaktor

Shirley this can't be true

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/5309-what-cars-do-you-believe-you-embarrassed-with-your-r/page-62?

"the most notable tussle was with I believe a 997 Turbo S. He undertook me on a dual carriage way onto a roundabout, and then as he exited it on an on ramp, gunned the car. he was planning to leave me. i stayed with him all the way on the ramp, and beat him onto the motorway fast lane. had there been a clear road, i believe he would have left me for dead at the higher speeds."

they are pretty rapid to be fair and it could have been chipped too. some guys are running 500 plus bhp in them! plus its 4wd like a turbo s and probably a bit lighter too.

lots of factors in there...could have been wet, wrong gear, was the turbo S really trying that hard.

at least he acknowledge that over 100 mph the S would just ruin it.

Perhaps the turbo driver just didn't want to be someone's b1tch in prison? Amazing how many of these numpties there are out there who feel the need to have to prove themselves.

Had one the other week in a 2006 focus rs that I overtook on a roundabout as he struggled to get going as the lights changed to green. He seemed to take this as some sort of affront to his manhood and proceeded to undertake me by using the bus lane doing - in my estimation - in excess of 60mph in a 40 zone. Good luck to him just a pity there wasn't a police car behind.......

Does it matter ....

Which do you want to drive ?

soundaktor said:

http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/5309-what-cars-do-you-believe-you-embarrassed-with-your-r/page-62?

"the most notable tussle was with I believe a 997 Turbo S. He undertook me on a dual carriage way onto a roundabout, and then as he exited it on an on ramp, gunned the car. he was planning to leave me. i stayed with him all the way on the ramp, and beat him onto the motorway fast lane. had there been a clear road, i believe he would have left me for dead at the higher speeds."

What a load of rubbish.

After the dream he woke up and realised that it was time to go to work...................what a dreamer

I've driven a new Golf R, they are not exactly the quickest car on the road.

The likes of the Mercedes A45AMG would leave one for dead

I'll hunt down a few on my superbike to see how quick they are !!!

Wet slimy road , the Golf might be easier to peddle in an irresponsible fashion. . . . . . but, how hard do you want to try, on a public road, in the UK of all places.

If you leave your brain out out of the equation you will always have bigger nuts than the other guy, even driving something cr@p

Golf R strikes me (as a Golf 2.0tdi driver in the quiet moments) as a nice motor, but 911turbo s slayer it ain't (assuming equal driving skills & respect for staying alive . . . for yourself & those around you)

The guy is absolutely dreaming, end of! Turbo S was probably just going about its business and not street racing!

I get the feeling this might be a one post member...

Its quite funny how the girls in their hatchbacks think they have suoercar slayers :floor: Oh how I laughed.

Bikeracer1098 said:
soundaktor said:

What a load of rubbish.

After the dream he woke up and realised that it was time to go to work...................what a dreamer

I've driven a new Golf R, they are not exactly the quickest car on the road.

The likes of the Mercedes A45AMG would leave one for dead

I'll hunt down a few on my superbike to see how quick they are !!!

When I did the VMax in March I went up against both of the A45AMGs a few times, we were neck & neck, was all down to who got the best start really. This is my standard 997 Carrera! :thumb: Therefore using logic and reasoning the Turbo S will definitely be quicker than everything:)

Follow the link and read the other forum member's responses if you think we're the sceptical ones.... :floor:

New996buyer said:
Follow the link and read the other forum member's responses if you think we're the sceptical ones.... :floor:

You followed the link? :eek:

:lol:

Looks like they are all straight line merchants, especially the gobby one with the list of scalps. Guys, you only have a GOLF. It even looks like the one your local vicar drives, and your aunty Jean, and all the sales reps and mums on the school run. If you need to demonstrate your manhood, you should've bought something more manly. :thumb:

That happens to me from time to time. I'm driving and going at a decent rate of knots but by no means flooring it (I don't think I ever floor it) and someone will come up behind and overtake quite aggressively and pull in front of me. They probably then tell people they 'beat' a 911 Turbo. The truth is I'm just driving along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back