Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Riviera Blue

HPNer

I'm sure that I will be shot down in flames for this, but in actual fact I'm just looking for advice.
Being uncommonly attached to my daily driver, I've decided to throw some money at it. Its now done over the magic 100k miles so is worthless and consequently can't get too precious about 'values'. So please no talk of them.
I'm not selling the car . . . ever, its got lots of lovely little bits on it now that it drives and tracks perfectly any other just won't be the same.
Next month its going into Southbound for a total interior change to Porsche's Can-Can red leather (with black leather re-trim of top dash and top doorcards etc etc). I thought Flamenco and Chestnut just too subdued and boring, so Can-Can it is, with Porsche's Lipstick carpets throughout.
Now that I've committed to that, I realise that it would look super nice if the rest of the car was Riviera Blue.
I don't want any old pvc wrap, just a complete engine out, glass out, full respray done to perfection.
Who would you guys advise for such a foolish venture? :dont know:

The Priory...?

:bonk:

:floor:
I think my wife is booking me in . . .

Absolutely, 100%, go for it. You will totally love looking at it for ever.

How refreshing that someone on here is not worrying about values / resale etc.

You must be rich. Ha.

was thinking of doing the same and saying sod it to resale value. riviera or slate grey

out of interest how much (roughly) is the interior retrim costing?

It's your car so go for whatever you want :thumb:

Riviera on can can wouldn't be my choice of combinations. Black on can can or riviera on black would be nice (in my mind).

A freshly painted exterior and new interior are going to look great and I look forward to see the pics.

I could not agree more! Only this morning I said the car was built to be enjoyed ;-) so enjoy your car! Do exactly what you want.

Sorry, I can't recommend a paint shop (though I could warn against one or two). Please let us see before/during/after pics.

Good luck - do it!

Wonderful, just wonderful.

Please do it and post up loads of pictures of the transformation.

It is so refreshing to hear of someone actually seeking to create a vibrant and distinctive car.

:thumbs: :worship: :thumbs: :worship:

Not sure who you should trust the car to, however there was a chap on here who had a Speedster 'created' by a well known garage - a search on here would establish who. Maybe they'd be worth asking?

Do it.ive seen a car done .done right it won't de value it either..with southbound doing the inside.this is gonna be a cracker.

The responses here say it all. Should you go ahead you'll certainly generate a lot of interest and debate. When I bought mine I made a rule that I'd only put on easily reversible mods but I keep asking myself am I taking away some of the fun of ownership? As can be judged by your previously owned cars (looks like a dream garage for most of us) you know your stuff so please do it, if only as a much needed antidote to 'value' threads. As for paintwork, I'm a fan of Sam at Impact - part of Precision, but Sussex may be a few too many miles away for you.

Sam at Impact, part of Precision Porsche. 110 percent perfectionist. Worth the journey. Put it on a trailer.

I researched this a couple of years ago, and seemed at the time that SL Restorations were the way to go. Based down south too though I believe. Good luck :thumb:

Love Riviera Blue and have often thought about going down that route myself but have always bottled out and to be honest I don't think I will now as I will only be keeping my car for a couple of more years.

I have to say I don't think the combination of RB and Can Can is going to look that great but as ever to each their own.

Whatever you do I hope you enjoy your journey of discovery and I look forward to seeing the end result ....... :)

Also I highly recommend Sam at Impact ....... well worth the trip ...... :)

Priory comment aside...I really like the idea of personalising a car.

I'm not planning on going as far as a complete colour change but I've already made a couple of interior changes and plan to add an aerokit splitter and small spoiler.

Not too worried about resale as it's an aventura C2 tip with over 100k on the clock - worthless anyway...

Well that's a bit of a relief!
I fully expected the 'investors' here to shoot me down, so many thanks for the very positive responses! :thumb: ( . . . and sod all talk of 'values')
I was going to entrust the car to Alsa Automotive here in South Wales, but it seems that they no longer undertake such work. I have now made enquiries with around five of the usual suspects, only two of whom have bothered to reply! Steve at Jaz and Sam at Impact (precision), both of whom have written at length as to how the process should be undertaken.
As to the colour combo, to me Riviera is a no brainer, the car does look exquisite in that colour. I can see that some would baulk at Can-Can, but I expect I'm a good bit older that most of you out there and I recall cars back in the late fifties and early sixties where red leather was RED, not some subdued burgundy. There will be large areas of black leather being placed at eye level in any event: dash and dash top, rear parcel and door-card tops etc, so won't be too startling!
Cost wise, its not going to be cheap (engine and gearbox out and all glass and suspension etc off). Interior alone is about £8.5k inc VAT. I'm certainly not rich, but hey, you can't take it with you. I reckon I've got about 12 good years left on the planet, so what better way to enjoy them . . .
Once it all kicks off, I'll report back with onging pics. :bye:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back