Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ptm failure, drive off assistant failure

djped

When I started up yesterday after work, had a long list of failures come up on the dash, psm, ptm, drive off assistant, cornering lights....

Restarted.... Same...

Drove home only ptm and drive off assistant errors persisted on the drive, but sport mode would not engage and failed when trying

Got home, restarted again, no errors

Any ideas?

That's all the usual stuff that comes when disconnecting the battery. How old is the battery? How's the residual charge on it? (check with volt meter when car off)

great thanks for that, comforting to know the sky isn't falling in ;)

I'll keep an eye on it and see if I can figure out how to use the multimeter to tell me if the battery needs replacing.

I too have just recieved this PTM Failure. I'd been in for a meeting and left the car outside in -1.5degC for about 2 hours. Came back to the car and got the PTM and Drive off Assistance Failures.

Worth noting that the car was serviced by an OPC 19 days ago.

DJPED - how far or long did you drive before you restarted your car without the failure message appearing?

Mine hasn't dissappeared yet, but then I've done 1 short trip to the office.

Any help or info appreciated..

Those faults are also consistant with a brake pedal switch fault or even resting your foot on the pedal whilst driveing can also trigger those warnings.

The switch is 2 switchws in one , one for lights the other for psm , brake lights may well work but its the other switch that fails.

I get the PTM and Drive of Assistance errors after about 2 seconds on startup.

My car is the 997.2 C4S PDK if that helps. I wondered if the extreme cold up here in Scotland has had an effect on my battery holding a lower charge which i have read can cause this. The battery certainly isn't showing any signs of struggle.

I'll take it on a long drive this weekend and see if it clears upon restart. I'll rule that out before going to OPC.

Hi All,

Sorry for the thread revival .

I have this problem on my 61 c4s.
Also the sports mode is in active is this still consistent with a
brake switch failure .

The code I could get off it was C159.
The pic said there was no gateway communication.

Thanks

Clear the fault code , short drive and recheck for a code .

Im afraid this is a new one on me , it seems to be a PDK fault and if the fault persists then i think its time for a garage to look at ..

The code is a strange one there is no transfer box as such but thats the desription for this code.

Nothing else listed in any other system i take it ?

Code info below for C159 .

Attachments

• code_1_158.jpg
    code_1_158.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 4,291
Thanks Iain, tried clearing the code it came straight back on .

Charged the battery which was low but made no difference .

The gearbox and diff seem fine, it was in the OPC two weeks ago for a new wheel bearing but they had been in the glove box for some reason and
I think they had messed about with the PASM module .

I am a bit lost to know what to check the tech at the OPC said their was no signal to the gateway from a module somewhere but didn't seem to have much idea what was going on .

Bloody annoying as it was working fine when I called into the OPC .
They wanted to check for codes after doing some warranty work and then the problem started ?

Where is the transfer box module located, under the car ?

Rescanned after a drive got codes C150 152 159 and 209.
With drive assist, sport mode and TPM failure .

Very odd as it all started after a PIWIS reset .

Hi Iain

Tried changing the brake switch maybe my imagination but seemed to take longer for the TPM and drive assistant warning to come on .

Now getting C130 as well as all the others plus a comfort steering warming ?

It all seems to be about communicating to the gateway ?
Is there a module it all feeds into ?
The car seems to run ok if using the paddles ?
Thanks
Nimrod

Sorry young man .. i had to work late last night so never made it back in time .. again tonight im running late .. ill have more time over the weekend when ill try to answer posts and revisit this one ..... for now ...

Ok you have a large amount of Drive Can failures .. basically several control units are not talking to each other ..

OPC have had the car in for work .. hmm .. im thinking they have wiped some of the codeing for these control units as theres no way i can see 3/4 control units just dieing on there own !!

A code check is the first thing that needs to be done and that OPC only im afraid .

Glove box .. looking for the wheel lock key i expect .. i look there anyways .

Ill list out the codes tomorrow for you to explain in more detail .

No worries Iain thanks for taking the time to reply.

Checked the front of the car this morning no loose sockets I could see around the dampers , front module etc.

Rescanned and got even more codes off.

UO 0428 , 126 steering angle .
UO 1810 steering column switch
146 gateway.

C 159, 130 comms

C152 pms comms

8015 terminal 15 redenduancy faulty

8005 terminal 5

C153 comms steering wheel.

All seems like there is a break down in the can bus communication which is very suspicious after they plugged it into piwis .

It was working perfectly when I went to the OPC
I am convinced they have done something, disturbed a connector etc.

:?: :wall:

You have pretty much got it .. a can fault .

Some of the codes listed will be for a flat battery or a disconnected one .. as with all fault codes we clear them alll then road test and recheck what codes are left .. these are the active ones.

Im of the opinion coded has been altered / deleted in one or more control units ..

ive checked most of the codes you have listed and they all have this in common as per the image below.

OPC need to have the car back and check the coding imho.

Attachments

• code_1_145.jpg
    code_1_145.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 4,007

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back