Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Turbo - Suspension Options

SupraWez

Hey All,

My 996 Turbo is currently sitting on standard shocks and lowering springs, its a bit too low so while sorting this I thought it might be an idea to freshen the whole setup.

Ive got costings for Nitron R1, Bilstein B16, KW v3 and Ohlins and since they are all comparable on price I wondered what peoples views were on any of the above.

Car is mainly used on the road with the odd track day here and there.

Thanks
:thumb:

I'm running Moton Clubsports , so in a similar bracket to what your looking at, once I got the spring rates correct I find them brilliant on the road.

neil allan said:
I'm running Moton Clubsports , so in a similar bracket to what your looking at, once I got the spring rates correct I find them brilliant on the road.

Interesting, I have not looked at those, where did you source them?

I think I have found Moton UK so have emailed them for options and pricing.

Another option to add to the list, was hoping to reduce the list :)

Really interested to hear about options too / following what you opt for in the end.

My turbo is coming up to 59k miles and I think it might benefit from a suspension refresh.

My turbo doesn't go near a track unlike the Lotus, so I'd be looking for something supple to make the broken Tarmac round here as tolerable as possible!

Mole - try a phone call to chris Franklin at Centre Gravity about suspension set ups and what you want. He knows these set ups very well.

Hey Wez how you doing? Its dude here :D

cheshire911 said:
Mole - try a phone call to chris Franklin at Centre Gravity about suspension set ups and what you want. He knows these set ups very well.

Will try and give him a shout tomorrow too, I went to an open day there back in 2009 where he gave a tech talk on geo setup etc.

I have not got replies back from most of the companies I was talking, must be a busy time in the suspension market as the replies have been slow, although the Moton dealer was quick, but that kit is the dearest of the bunch.

Going to give Chris at Centre Gravity a call tomorrow to see what he recommends out the ones I am looking at.

Will post here how I get on :thumb:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
a1jgh
Back