Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Service in N.London

fraxos

I know that this has been asked in the past and the answer, more often than not, was JAZ. However, with them moving to St Albans, which is too far for me, I would be really grateful if you could comment on the other companies you trust to look after your beloved Porsches. For reference, I have a 07 Cayman with about 55k on the clock so due a major service in the next couple of months.

Many thanks in advance

although www.jaz.co.uk have moved they do have

Fast trains from St Albans City to Kings Cross, Farringdon and Blackfriars every 10 minutes, 20 min journey time.
Free shuttle service every 20 mins to the station.
Free loan car by prior arrangement, brand new Smart car
Collection and delivery service if needed.

That's actually quite handy. Just in case though, any other suggestions?

If you can make it to Uxbridge, Sid at Porsche Torque is a high recommend.

Chris Turner in Neasden is also brilliant too. In fact legendary.

Harry at Portiacraft (Mill Hill) has some decent technicians too. :thumb:

It seems that Chris Turner comes highly recommended so that will be my next stop.

Many thanks for your help with this.

I just spoke to Chris and he has no availability for the next 3-4 weeks so it's back to the drawing board...

I have come across another places called 911 SBD. Has anyone got any experience of them?

Cheers

Don't know them, sorry. Great that Chris is still popular but no help to you :nooo:

How about Jaz in St Albans? Or Portiacraft?

My current one is Sid in Uxbridge? Porsche Torque. Otherwise I'm stuck. :dont know:

Hopefully someone else will have some other ideas????? :?:

Hi,

Give Andy a call, he is located on the Finchley Road and is spot on. His garage is potless and they do some serious work, family owned and courteous.
They have been looking after my cars for years and years and have a great portfolio. Mention my name to him.

Porsche Tech
9 Rosemont Road,
London,
NW3 6NG
020 7794 9393

Regards

Vinny

A quick update on this. Took the Cayman to 911SBD in the end. Fast and efficient so no complaints.

One thing that did come about though was that apparently the Real Main Seal is leaking heavily. I know this has been a common problem for many cars pre-2009 or so but nonetheless is it something that needs to be addressed immediately? To be honest I was quite surprised when I heard it as I have not noticed any oil leaks.

fraxos said:
A quick update on this. Took the Cayman to 911SBD in the end. Fast and efficient so no complaints.

One thing that did come about though was that apparently the Real Main Seal is leaking heavily. I know this has been a common problem for many cars pre-2009 or so but nonetheless is it something that needs to be addressed immediately? To be honest I was quite surprised when I heard it as I have not noticed any oil leaks.

On a 911 its more of a nuisance issue. I'd be surprising (but you never know :dont know: ) if it was any more significant in a Cayman...? Just means your driveway and wallet are more intimately involved in your car's oil than would be ideal. Most change at clutch renewal time :?:

See what others say....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geoffrey Fickle
Back