Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

first impressions

ChrisT70

Albert Park
Had an awesome day out in the car today. Its just a great drive. Nothing fell off squeaked or rattled. I got used to the slightly heavy clutch. The seating position is superb. Its a car you could drive all day. People look at it and make nice comments when parked up. Its similar to my Sunbeam Lotus in that respect.
It shines up beautifully with a quick wash and wipe over. Jamie really looked after this car. I cant see how I'd have bought anything better if honest.

All i need now is more time away from work to drive the thing!

Attachments

• 2015_04_26_182918_351.jpg
    2015_04_26_182918_351.jpg
    436.3 KB · Views: 5,897
  • 2015_04_26_182845_113.jpg
    2015_04_26_182845_113.jpg
    336.6 KB · Views: 5,897
  • 2015_04_26_182036_671.jpg
    2015_04_26_182036_671.jpg
    458.1 KB · Views: 5,897
List of mods:

1) (assuming clutch healthy and periodic grot bleed) MPL clutch slave cylinder (-30% effort)
2) everything else on the slippery slope

GT4 said:
List of mods:

1) (assuming clutch healthy and periodic grot bleed) MPL clutch slave cylinder (-30% effort)
2) everything else on the slippery slope
:lol:
:sad:
Honestly i think i can live with the clutch weight if i can sort the dead movement at the start of the stroke. Having it up on my friends ramps for a poke around underneath next weekend hopefully. Fingers crossed nothing obvious needing attention. Going to cover the bumper stays in rust preventative wax and any other areas. Got some bilt hamber clear chassis stuff which is good.

If it has dead zone, defo bleed (check level too)

Actually, unless you know for a fact it's been changed recently, I'd do a flush and change of fluid.

GT4 said:
If it has dead zone, defo bleed (check level too)

Actually, unless you know for a fact it's been changed recently, I'd do a flush and change of fluid.

Yes its a good plan. ☺

mine suffered from a heavy pedal and a lot of travel, which IMO pointed to wear. Had it changed last week and sure enough next to no friction material left on it. It's now lovely and light with a better feel than my DD (BMW 530d man)

another sign of wear that I noticed was that if you stab the accelerator in high gear from low revs while moving at say 30mph the car would 'snatch'. This has now gone with the new clutch fitted..... :?:

graemeho said:
mine suffered from a heavy pedal and a lot of travel, which IMO pointed to wear. Had it changed last week and sure enough next to no friction material left on it. It's now lovely and light with a better feel than my DD (BMW 530d man)

another sign of wear that I noticed was that if you stab the accelerator in high gear from low revs while moving at say 30mph the car would 'snatch'. This has now gone with the new clutch fitted..... :?:

its not wear, it had a brand new clutch within last 10k. its just a dead band before the clutch operates thats all. i'll sort it i hope! :)

ChrisT70 said:
its not wear, it had a brand new clutch within last 10k. its just a dead band before the clutch operates thats all. i'll sort it i hope! :)

You sure it's not wear :dont know: I once knew an old chap who had three clutches replaced in his Austin Allegro having put on only 750 miles in 5 years :what:

Bleed the system :thumb:

Last picture now. Just off out again. Beautiful cars.

Attachments

• 2015_04_28_200710_192.jpg
    2015_04_28_200710_192.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 5,349
Chris, when I overhauled my brakes, part of the process was to bleed / flush the brakes with new fluid and it actually gave me a nicer clutch pedal too. Well worth a go if it hasn't been carried out in the last couple of years.

Ps gorgeous photo. Post more and PM me your email as I've got a couple of great shots of your car parked side by side with mine.

It is the same system (same reservoir), both should be flushed and bled at the same time, else you're just adding clean fluid to one half of a dirty (or hygroscopically contaminated) system!

Once i get time I'm gonna have a good look around. Fluid flush wont be too difficult i hope. Will check last time it was done, probably not that long ago i bet. My friend had a drive tonight and loved it. He has a modern boxter but likes this a lot ☺

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back