Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

A GTS, please.

tim993

Zandvoort
And I'm not changing my mind this time!
Unfortunately there is zero clarity on build slots or delivery times. I've been warned it will most likely be 2016 now :x

Oh well, it is the price of my indecisiveness!

Do it! whats the worse that can happen, bailiffs, food banks, cardboard city?

And all the while you will be dreaming of the impending purchse :lol:

plus if it goes really wrong, you can sell the turbo to somebody on here at a much reduced price :D

The deposit is down and is staying there this time!

We test drove first a Macan S then half an hour later a non-S Boxster PDK.

The Boxster was an absolute hoot and with an exhaust note that just made us both grin from ear to ear.

I figured that the GTS would be the same again with a bit of added spice.

The Mrs chose the colour (GR) and interior options (basically black, with a little GR in places. Carmine red would perhaps have been the number one choice, but they want £1600 for that alone!!

The only downside is not having any idea when it will be built. A factory order S could be had with even a June build slot.

tim

You live once only (master yoda style)

Do what my workmate has done, he ordered a merc and they couldn't get it built on time, so he made a fuss and they have given him a top spec AMG whilst he waits......for free.

Can you push em for a date?

but in the meantime watch this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mooq7jpNk_g

Boxster GTS is a good choice :thumb:

Doh,
Im thinking Cayman GTS, the clue was in your post :roll:
but anyways, worth every penny.

You will not regret waiting for the GTS.
I picked mine up from Portsmouth OPC on Saturday morning, Guards Red and I will need my grin surgically removed before I let it drop.
The car is just amazing, it's so tight, free revving, (trying to keep under 4000 revs for first 2000 miles) and the sound of the sports exhaust is truly amazing.
I test drove, base, s and gts and I know the GTS is more, but man it is so worth it.
:thumbs:

Hi Gary
Well done!
If I may ask, when did you place the order and which options did you go for?
tim

tim993 said:
Hi Gary
Well done!
If I may ask, when did you place the order and which options did you go for?
tim

Hi Tim

I placed the order, the first week in 2015 and got, I think the last available build slot (April 2015) before late this year. I called and e-mailed every dealer in the country, and Portsmouth by luck had this one build slot available.
Options I went for were minimal as it comes with virtually everything I wanted.
Front and Rear parking sensors
Full Say Nav etc
Sports Chrome Tail Pipe
Heated seats

Think that was it

Hi - it is a pretty complete car to start with so agreed not much need to add things. We have gone for PDK, though.

All this could be rather academic if they can't actually commit to supply these cars!

Something desperately wrong (IMHO) if Porsche feels the need to restrict the supply of these cars... The difference between them building a GTS and a specced-up S must be minimal. I feel the same about the GT4 and the Spyder. They will attract me as a customer only if they can build the car I want, as I won't be pushed into simply going for another model...!

tim

Apparently we have a July build slot! :)

Specs have to be finalized no later than Tuesday :eek:

Hello,

New to the forum, so please be gentle.

I have recently put down a deposit with Sheffield Porsche for a Boxsrer GTS.
I have been given no idea of an allocation and just told to sit and wait. Never had a Porsche before, not used to this approach to ordering.

I'm now starting to see news that all new Boxster from 2016 could be Four Cyl Turbos, this is not what I want at all. Having test drivena 2015 GTS a month ago, it is exactly what I want.

Does anyone know how allocations work? Or have any information on the new generation engines and timescales?

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Cheers, Jay.

Hi there - welcome to the forum.

I believe that if the OPC accepts a deposit on a current generation Boxster GTS, then that is exactly what you'll get.

Initially, i was heavily discouraged from placing an order for one of these simply, because they could not tell me when they would actually get their next allocation of a GTS. A regular S with all of the GTS options would have been no problem and a short wait.... go figure!

Anyhow, what convinced me to stay put was a) I really really want a GTS b) the told me i was at least the top of the list for their next one. I was told to expect end 2015 at best / 2016 more likely.

As it turned out, they had an unexpected allocation of a slot for a July build, which I took up. Apparently the car has this week actually even been built, so hopefully this is the last leg of the journey.

I'd advise you to stick with it and hold out for one - maybe try a few other dealers in case any have a build slot with no firm order against it. This does happen.

However I agree it is a truly rubbish or at least very perplexing system. Why oh why do they tie it down to dealer-specific allocations??? I remember when BMW announced the 1M in a very limited run - it didn't matter which dealer you went to - the orders were taken sequentially from wherever they were made. Very sensible!

Anyhow, best of luck.

PS - at least you got a test drive. I only was able to try a standard Boxster!

Hi Tim,

Thanks for that detailed reply, set my mind a little more at rest.

I have the opportunity of a Carrera White with loads of options. (64) plate with 4000 miles @ £62500.
For the money, I think I will stick it out. The intention is to keep the car a good 4-5 years, so having one from new is important to me. If it's your pride and joy then you want to know the history behind it, especially if only saving
£2500 on a year old car.

I did ring my OPC yesterday and ask for some clarification, he said I would get what I wanted. But added it could be a wait.

Good luck with yours, what colour etc did you go for?

Regards,
Jay.

Hi Jay

Good decision. I reckon you'll get your car sooner than you think.

If I may be permitted to spill out my usual rant (again!): why can't Porsche simply sell folk the car they want? Whether it's an S, a GTS or indeed a Spyder. Unless their production line is from the dark ages, then it can make no difference whatsoever!! Don't even get me started on the "available now" GT4... Grrrrrrr. Rant over.

We have gone for Guards Red, with black leather (ie delete the Alcantara). They are 'free' (ahem..) and 'part-fund' the addition of 18-way seats, DAB, PCM, Bose, PDK, PTV and a few other bits and bobs.

We agonised over colour, interior and options and changed our minds so many times I think we were driving the sales-lady to despair! Amusingly one of the sales chaps remarked to me that we weren't alone: buyers in general were changing their minds on GTS options more than any other car.

We really wanted a PTS car (Voodoo or Riviera) but not being able to select that option is simply another of my rants...

tim

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back