Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Gen 1 to gen 2 front end conversion?

pedro.x

Trainee
Currently undertaking this front end conversion, got to the point of trying to get the lights to work, has anyone done this and how was it achieved? Design911 sell these harnesses.
http://www.design911.co.uk/fu/prod1...ht-Loom-For-Facelift-Porsche-997-99761250125/ And state you dont need to change the control unit to get these to work?
I have also seen people useing these looms to get them to work http://www.fvd.de/index.php?VID=336...=2&MM=item&AC=item_details&item=FVD631997FLED
What are the differences here as im a bit thick when it comes to electrics?
So basically which do i need to do to get these working.
Any help much appreciated ?

in short

the fvd converter will cost approx 500USD plus shipping but its a very simple plug and play solution that will have your new LEDs working immediately with no fuss

unless you need the DRLS to turn on by themselves at full intensity there is NO NEED to upgrade your front control module (basically your new LED fogs will work exactly like how they did before)...

if you buy the oem led mini looms, you will need to buy 2 of them costing approx 100$ use and have to splice 4 wires from your current harness into your new oem led mini loom.

if you goto the 100$ method, here is the instructions to do the splice wiring (at the bottom of this page). i used this method personally as it's only splicing 4 cables from the old loom into the new. any good body shop can do this safely and insulate it properly... or you can do it yourself as well.

http://www.qikqbnboxster.9f.com/photo3_1.html

ps. pedro, you converted your rear end to 997.2 no?

You are the man! Many thanks indeed , just the info i need.i will go for the cheaper option as i allready have the new looms i presume these are just the gen 2 version which i got with my gen 2 bumper? And i dont need to get the mini looms?? As for the back end i did about 2 years back so the front is a long time coming..have gone for the same front as yourself sport classic funny enough. Which i must say looks spot on!

do you have any photos of your front end?

i have the eom 2009+ bumper (not sport classic)... mines actually not installed fully yet as my shifter cable just snapped 48 hours ago and i am dealign with that now.

what year is your car? did you have to upgrade the rear control module when you did your rear conversion? any photos?

pedro.x said:
You are the man! Many thanks indeed , just the info i need.i will go for the cheaper option as i allready have the new looms i presume these are just the gen 2 version which i got with my gen 2 bumper? And i dont need to get the mini looms?? As for the back end i did about 2 years back so the front is a long time coming..have gone for the same front as yourself sport classic funny enough. Which i must say looks spot on!

and yes if the connectors are plugged into the LED then those are the correct looms.

what is the chances you got the entire front bumper (with grills lights) on ebay.... in white colour?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back